ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: In Line Pads  (Read 3909 times)

RYAN LOUDMUSIC JENKINS

• Az Concert Sound Solutions
In Line Pads
« on: December 19, 2012, 03:54:09 PM »

A couple years ago I have to build a couple in line pads that I use mostly for DJs that send me  +22dB signals from their Pioneers and for really loud tom that plug into my AD8000s with my 01V96.  I had posted the circuit here in case anyone else needed to make them.  I talked with Mark Hellinger about them at length several months back.  I thought he should make some for all of us.  Now he has!!!!!  The ones that I made were only -20dB pads but he has made them in -10dB and -30dB also.

He sent me a proto type several months ago and it has been great.  These are even better as they have really cool Neutrik chassis. 

Just wanted to let everyone know that these exist now.  I hope I am not breaking any forum rules.  Just a happy Audiopile customer letting people know they have a cool new product that has been very handy for me.

http://audiopile.net/products/Adaptors_Connectors/Adaptors/AUDIOPILE_XLR_PAD/XLR_PAD_cutsheet.shtml

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
Re: In Line Pads
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2012, 04:21:27 PM »

A couple years ago I have to build a couple in line pads that I use mostly for DJs that send me  +22dB signals from their Pioneers and for really loud tom that plug into my AD8000s with my 01V96.  I had posted the circuit here in case anyone else needed to make them.  I talked with Mark Hellinger about them at length several months back.  I thought he should make some for all of us.  Now he has!!!!!  The ones that I made were only -20dB pads but he has made them in -10dB and -30dB also.

He sent me a proto type several months ago and it has been great.  These are even better as they have really cool Neutrik chassis. 

Just wanted to let everyone know that these exist now.  I hope I am not breaking any forum rules.  Just a happy Audiopile customer letting people know they have a cool new product that has been very handy for me.

http://audiopile.net/products/Adaptors_Connectors/Adaptors/AUDIOPILE_XLR_PAD/XLR_PAD_cutsheet.shtml

Those look nice, and the price is very attractive. The downside to using the Neutrik chassis mount connectors in the photogenic box is the extra cable you need to use them. Pads built into a Switchcraft S3FM can be plugged directly into chassis mount connectors on equipment.

A few of these in a couple of values are a good addition to anyone's kit.

Mac

Geoff Doane

• Halifax, NS
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2012, 04:57:16 PM »

Those look nice, and the price is very attractive. The downside to using the Neutrik chassis mount connectors in the photogenic box is the extra cable you need to use them. Pads built into a Switchcraft S3FM can be plugged directly into chassis mount connectors on equipment.

Yes, the price is very attractive.  The un-wired barrel adapters are worth almost half that, without any resistors.  Neutrik has made a few different versions of the barrel adapters over the years too that can be used for pads.  Here's a 40 dB version that I've built a bunch of, to drop line level down to something a mic input is happy with.  Ideally, the two 10 KΩ resistors should be selected to be as close in value to each other as possible, for best CMRR.

GTD

Douglas R. Allen

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2012, 05:54:39 PM »

Nice looking. I saw those the other day. Would there be anything wrong with running them in series? A -10 and -30 to get -40 dbs of pad?

Also I see some speakers will be coming in the future.
http://audiopile.net/products/Speakers/DUS_SPEAKER_SELECT.shtml

Douglas R. Allen

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2012, 06:47:10 PM »

Nice looking. I saw those the other day. Would there be anything wrong with running them in series? A -10 and -30 to get -40 dbs of pad?

Also I see some speakers will be coming in the future.
http://audiopile.net/products/Speakers/DUS_SPEAKER_SELECT.shtml

Douglas R. Allen
It won't work exactly like that.  A pad is based on the input and output impedance. When you run a pad into a pad-the first pad will see the increased impedance of the second pad.

The signal will be reduced more-but not by the amount you would think.
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

kristianjohnsen

• Lillehammer, Norway
    • Lillehammer Lyd og Lys
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2012, 07:16:05 PM »

Will these pass phantom power?

RYAN LOUDMUSIC JENKINS

• Az Concert Sound Solutions
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2012, 07:17:03 PM »

Will these pass phantom power?
Yes, just fine.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2012, 07:17:03 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 21 queries.