ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Best sub $500 used reverb/effects processors?  (Read 10594 times)

Tim Padrick

• Indianapolis
    • T.P. Audio
Re: Best sub $500 used reverb/effects processors?
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2012, 10:52:34 PM »

If a single engine will do, I second the Rumour.  Hard to find, harder yet at a good price.  Start with the Mosque preset - smoooth.

jason misterka

Re: Re: Re: Best sub $500 used reverb/effects processors?
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2012, 02:20:43 AM »

In my experience the unit will boot with the last settings it had when it was powered down with the front power button.  If you kill power via a rack power strip, your hosed.

Hmm, well that was probably my problem.  We used the Furman in the rack to power on and off, as, IMO, you should be able to do.  So as to not have to replace power switches as often and so you only have to turn on one device once.

Otherwise, between our shop and a buddy's shop (the next closest PA company) we had five LCD screens die on us on the M-One. 

Before the great analog price dive, it may have made sense to buy the M-One.  Now that there are sub-$500 M2000 available in the used market, I don't think it does. 

Jason

Scott Bolt

Re: Best sub $500 used reverb/effects processors?
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2012, 06:25:26 PM »

Actually, the last 5-10 that sold on e-bay went for between 300-350 on average.

The M-OneXL is going for ~ $200.00.

I have no problem with my M-OneXL booting on the last program I left it on.  I don't change it that often, but I will give it a try and see what it really does.

I have never heard the M2000, so I will have to vote for the M-OneXL.  I have heard the Lexicon MPX500/550 which was my 2nd choice when I purchased my M-OneXL.  I have also heard a host of less expensive reverbs from several companies.  None of them can touch the M-OneXL.

Dave Aubuchon

« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2012, 12:59:48 AM »

Hmm, well that was probably my problem.  We used the Furman in the rack to power on and off, as, IMO, you should be able to do.  So as to not have to replace power switches as often and so you only have to turn on one device once.

Otherwise, between our shop and a buddy's shop (the next closest PA company) we had five LCD screens die on us on the M-One. 

Before the great analog price dive, it may have made sense to buy the M-One.  Now that there are sub-$500 M2000 available in the used market, I don't think it does. 

Jason
Another vote for the TC M2000 sounds great and it's 2 engines.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2012, 12:59:48 AM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 25 queries.