ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Community S-218s? Any experience with it?  (Read 14866 times)

RYAN LOUDMUSIC JENKINS

• Az Concert Sound Solutions
Re: Community S-218s? Any experience with it?
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2013, 11:10:51 PM »

Haha this topic became quite popular :D
Thanks for your answers, very interesting.
Back to topic, if I want to make an outdoor event with electronic music, is it possible with these subs (if I buy 2 more), or I should forget it and buy much more bigger subs (I looked Cerwin-Vega folded horns). Im not talking about big festivals, maximum number of people is 4-500.

If you look back at my post on the first page of this thread you will see that I did an event on New Years Eve in a 600 Cap. Outside area.  We ended up with about 1200 People including the inside area.  I used 16 2X18" subs that are very high output boxes and 6 Very High Output tops.  After soundcheck, the owner of the venue came up to me and said it was the loudest thing he had ever heard in his life and that it was so awesome sounding.  30 minutes before the end of the show he asked me to turn it up even louder.  I told him I was at my limit even though I had a little bit of room left.  It was too much tops and just enough subs!  At some point you have to realize what is right and wrong.  I can tell you for a lot of experience that to do 400-500 people correctly for EDM takes a LOT of gear, properly setup and properly powered.  That doesn't mean you can' do it with less but it won't be exceptable for higher end shows and you risk damage to your gear when the promoters or performers want it louder than you can do.

I have done smaller shows with as few as eight subs for "A" list EDM DJs when it was the right rig for the gig.  Most have 12 to 16 subs.

Mike Reigh

« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2013, 04:26:17 PM »

Hello.

I'm going to buy 2 pieces of Community S-218s subwoofers, and Im curious if anybody has them or has experience with them?

I use a pair regularly, mostly for rock, country and folk.  Some small outdoor venues, some small bars.  IMO, they sound great for what I use them for, and are easy to transport.

And my other question is that, will they be enought for an outdoor, electronic music, 500-1000 people party?

As was mentioned before, depends on how loud you want it, but I have no experience with electronic music through them.

I will power them with 2 amps with bridge mode, one amp = 1500w 4 ohm bridge (Crest audio cpx-1500).

I use a bridged Carver PT-1800 per box ~ 2100W at 4 ohms.  Seems to work well.

Mike

Philip Norman

• Lab Lounge
« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2013, 05:09:30 PM »

They are good units, the double 15's are better for practical reasons (similar spec, smaller lighter box). However, you would need MANY of them to fill your requirement. Get higher output subs, and yes 8 to 12 to 16 subs is what is required for the applications you mentioned.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2013, 05:09:30 PM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 25 queries.