ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Things to consider in general + software or desk for DMX?  (Read 13310 times)

Josh Daws

Re: Things to consider in general + software or desk for DMX?
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2012, 08:56:42 AM »

+1 on the Chamsys PC software control.  The software does exactly what their full size consoles do.  If you invest roughly $150.00US in an Enttec dongle you do not need to restart the software every 5 hours.  So for the cost of software (free) and the Enttec dongle ($150) you get a pro grade lighting controller.  I always prefer an actual console with faders but if i am doing a smaller show without alot of cues or if I physically dont have the space I will use the PC without any issues.

i have used this software and swore by it...its great (if you know what you are doing, if not good luck lol) then i came across the M-PC by martin and found it WAY LESS cumbersome to get around, and much easier to execute. but i will standby both software pieces, i like them both. and you can use the ENTTEC DMX USB PRO with both software pieces. it really depends on your lighting control style. busking vs cue

« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 09:03:48 AM by Josh Daws »

Jonathan Goodall

• New Zealand
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2012, 11:21:38 PM »

Well, I have ordered the MagicDMX USB kit and have downloaded the MagicQ software, quickstart guide and manual.  Had a quick read and play around with the software (can't do much until the Magic DMX and a cheap, shop soiled LED Par show up) and my head is spinning lol.  Even the quick start guide does not seem to be written for a complete beginner, BIG learning curve coming up ha ha :)

Josh Daws

« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2012, 11:59:19 PM »

Well, I have ordered the MagicDMX USB kit and have downloaded the MagicQ software, quickstart guide and manual.  Had a quick read and play around with the software (can't do much until the Magic DMX and a cheap, shop soiled LED Par show up) and my head is spinning lol.  Even the quick start guide does not seem to be written for a complete beginner, BIG learning curve coming up ha ha :)

well in reality the magicQ software is not for beginners...it was a huge learning curve for me to get familiar with how it works and functions and trying to find all the options....thats why i suggested that you purchase the enttec DMX USB PRO, then download for free the MARTIN M-PC software. much more user friendly IMO! however you MAY still be able to use the magic DMX with it, but i don't think that Martin will support it. but the dongle i mentioned will!

but im glad you made a purchase. if you have any questions about the MagicQ software feel free to PM me

Jonathan Goodall

• New Zealand
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2014, 05:07:49 AM »

Okay, so waking an old thread here but after a 15 month pause I have pulled the trigger on a very small beginners rig.  4 x Chauvet  Slimpar Quad 6 fixtures and a Stage Designer 50 desk (plus DMX cables, clamps etc).
Sitting here tonight I am getting my head around programming the desk but have noticed that fading in and out of scenes the "stepping" (almost a flickering) is really obvious.  The fade is set to instant, speed is on show mode. Anything else i should be checking for?
Cheers

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2014, 05:07:49 AM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 21 queries.