ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: May they all rest in peace  (Read 2943 times)

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
May they all rest in peace
« on: December 15, 2012, 09:35:41 AM »

Throughout your day today please take the time to pray to whatever god you may believe in, asking that the children and adults murdered at the CT school find peace in their final resting place.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
Re: May they all rest in peace
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2012, 10:32:13 AM »

Throughout your day today please take the time to pray to whatever god you may believe in, asking that the children and adults murdered at the CT school find peace in their final resting place.
AMEN
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Stu McDoniel

• Central Wisconsin...USA
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2012, 07:09:01 PM »

I have a seven year old son in 1st grade, and he got extra hugs from dad last night.
Honestly...very hard to take.   I saw a pic of the dinky 20 year old shooter.  My wife could kick his ass.
I asked myself why didnt anyone try to tackle this kid. Everyone was probably so afraid to even move and in shock. 
There is no words for this.

Greg Hershey

• York, PA
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2012, 07:49:18 PM »

I have a seven year old son in 1st grade, and he got extra hugs from dad last night.
Honestly...very hard to take.   I saw a pic of the dinky 20 year old shooter.  My wife could kick his ass.
I asked myself why didnt anyone try to tackle this kid. Everyone was probably so afraid to even move and in shock. 

I got home last night about 3am, watched the news.  I got up at eight to go see my six year old Grandson's Ice Hockey Game.  He asked me if I would take him to Lunch?  I said, "Today you get pretty much whatever you want."

Ned Ward

• SR Forums
  • Redondo Beach, CA
    • Our band's page on Facebook
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2012, 07:50:17 PM »

Amen Bob.

Justice C. Bigler

• SR Forums
  • Tulsa, Oklahoma
    • My homepage
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2012, 09:47:52 PM »

They did. The principal and assistant principal and one of the counsellors tried to bum rush him. He shot them, killed two and seriously wounded the other.

It's a terrible and tragic event that could easily have been prevented. I'm pretty distraught right now. My daughter's school uses a similar security system with a locking door and remote video monitor. I have to face the reality that it won't really protect her if someone wanted to perpetrate a similar attack on her school.

It brings up the old adage, "what do you bring to a gunfight"?

I can't type about this anymore here without violating most of the rest of the forum rules.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 10:00:01 PM by Justice C. Bigler »
Justice C. Bigler
Business Rep, IATSE Local 354
www.justicebigler.com

Caleb Dueck

• Sierra Vista, AZ
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2012, 12:28:16 AM »

Attacking a bunch of adults with an unknown (but hopefully growing) percentage of concealed carry "items" is one thing; grade school kids is another.  A new low.

I've heard second hand that the local carry permit training classes are growing.  With a son about to turn 7 of my own - not a bad idea.

My heart goes out to the families, this will be a very black Christmas in too many undeserving homes.
Experience is something you get right after you need it.

George Friedman-Jimenez

• NYC
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2012, 01:17:56 AM »

My wife's friend's 6 year old niece was one of the children murdered, may she rest in peace. We did not know the girl personally, but in our shock and dismay, we have been ruminating and discussing what could be causing, and what could reverse, the trend of increasing mass murders like this one. I am glad the national discussion is extending beyond gun control to include the abysmal mental healthcare system that exists in this country. In my view, low cost or free access to high quality mental health services for everyone that needs them would go a long way toward preventing murders like these.

John Fruits

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2012, 07:00:38 AM »

There are no words to truly express the anguish an event like this brings. 
There was a very sensitive and fitting opening to Saturday Night Live.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTbhVlHuONo
"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.  There's also a negative side."-Hunter S. Thompson

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2012, 07:00:38 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 25 queries.