ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Martin 2510  (Read 2735 times)

Kyle Malenfant

Martin 2510
« on: December 04, 2012, 02:48:27 AM »

I've done a few searches on this forum and others and have a pretty keen understanding on how the 2510 functions.  Here is my scenario, and I'm hoping the more experienced LDs on the board can confirm or correct my assumptions:

I will be doing an install in a local bar that will consist of 40 LED wash/accent fixtures.  These fixtures will be running through various programs of color washing, chasing, color fading, and other dynamic effects.  The intention however is to have the lights run through the patterns with little to know effort on the bar management.  There is no LD or tech to run the light show.  It has been deemed unnecessary to pay for one.  That being said, management would like to be able to push a button a rack mounted unit (like the 2510?) and select the scene for "red" or "blue" or pink/orange/cyan" and other combinations of pre-determined static colors.  As the night progresses, management could then select from an assortment of pre-programmed dynamic effect options..strobing, chasing, fading, matrix effects, etc.

My understanding with the 2510 is that with Light Jockey (no dongle required) I can create static scenes or dynamic moving effects and then upload these scenes/patterns to the 2510.  I could then print up a "cue-list" outlining the effect of selecting each number on the 2510.

Am I thinking along the right lines here?

I have read on this forum that there is a lack of fading between scenes on the 2510.  Is this in reference to the cycling of scenes that have been preprogrammed on a cue number or the lack of fade when selecting a new scene number as one is currently running?  What is the transition?  Abrupt?  Blackout for a few seconds as the new scene loads?

The manual also states that up to 32 fixtures can be linked (after using the polarity switching adapter).  If I introduce an Elation Opto Splitter at the output of the 2510, can I can achieve control of the 40 LED fixtures I'm installing?

The 2510 seems to be a great option for my application.  We can even sell them on the idea of us coming in each month or so and uploading new programs to update the light shows that the management has access to.

Your thoughts on my thoughts please : )

Thanks!
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 02:50:06 AM by Kyle Malenfant »

Kevin McDonough

Re: Martin 2510
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2012, 11:57:06 AM »

Hey

yeah I've opperated one before that was part of an install in a small club I DJed in for a while as a favour to the manager (a friend).

While I wasn't involved in the installation or programming of it as such, at least in operation yes it works as you describe you can just select a number and it'll run whatever has been saved in that scene, very easy to use.

k

duane massey

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2012, 02:31:35 AM »

Possible alternative would be an Elation Showdesigner 1. No external device needed, tons of memory, very simple playback functions.
Duane Massey
Technician, musician, stubborn old guy
Houston, Texas

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2012, 02:31:35 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 26 queries.