ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Renting PA in the New Jersey districs? (danley sound labs)  (Read 7717 times)

Scott Wagner

• Richmond, VA
Re: Renting PA in the New Jersey districs? (danley sound labs)
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2012, 09:04:05 AM »

One thing that a lot of sound guys seem to forget-you DON'T have to run the system at full output. 

That setup would be just fine.
You mean that just because the Corvette can hit 200 mph, I don't HAVE to drive it that fast?  That's just crazy talk, Ivan.
Scott Wagner
Big Nickel Audio

Thomas Lamb

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2012, 09:51:55 AM »

In MY experience, once folks are coming in from overseas, things get a lot bigger, fast.
On one (extreme) occasion, the band was flown in from the Arabian area, as were about half the guests. At the time, the band was #3 or 4 on the Arabian charts. (so I was told. I didn't understand 1 farking word) During supper, the Father of the Bride asked if I could find a piano. They had a concert pianist that wanted to play something for the couple. Needless to say, 10 minutes later a baby grand got pushed onto the dance floor, with a couple of tastfully placed '57s.
800 or so at the reception, and it went on for a day and a half. As the guy paying my bills asked told me to turn it up, I brought the hotel manager into the conversation. He said "Go for it. The wedding party rented the 2 floors above the hall. Do whatever the hell he askes."
Note to locals - Queen Elizabeth Hotel, in Montreal

Personally I haven't heard any Danley gear, but I shure as heck wouldn't pass up the chance....

+1
I think we've worked for the same people. I've done several Indian weddings.
Wednesday night is the family party
Thursday night is the grooms party
Friday night is the brides party
Saturday is the wedding/other ceremonies/ reception

The last one I did was at the ritz Carlton for the wedding and the parties were at different places every night. For the wedding there was probably 1000 or so people. We had a rig on the lawn for the wedding. A rig in the atrium for cocktail hour and the biggest rig I've ever had at a wedding for the band (top 5 in india i didnt reall care fot them though)DJ who was flown in from overseas. Similar situation with turning it up they wanted it louder and the hotel manager said make them happy! Party was supposed to end at midnight but some guy started handing out 100 bills to me and my 2 hands that were left and the dj per song to keep it going. So we stuck around for a few hundred a piece and 15-20 extra minutes. The Indian "pop" music has a bunch of bottom to it! Btw the band alway wanted things "more sharp" which translates to +15 on everything above like 12-14k.
bigTlamb

"If you suck on a functional analog desk, you'll really suck on a complex digital desk...." Dick Rees

Chris Hindle

• SR Forums
  • Montreal, Quebec, Canada, Earth, Sol System,......
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2012, 12:21:16 PM »

In MY experience, once folks are coming in from overseas, things get a lot bigger, fast.
On one (extreme) occasion, the band was flown in from the Arabian area, as were about half the guests. At the time, the band was #3 or 4 on the Arabian charts. (so I was told. I didn't understand 1 farking word) During supper, the Father of the Bride asked if I could find a piano. They had a concert pianist that wanted to play something for the couple. Needless to say, 10 minutes later a baby grand got pushed onto the dance floor, with a couple of tastfully placed '57s.
800 or so at the reception, and it went on for a day and a half. As the guy paying my bills asked told me to turn it up, I brought the hotel manager into the conversation. He said "Go for it. The wedding party rented the 2 floors above the hall. Do whatever the hell he askes."
Note to locals - Queen Elizabeth Hotel, in Montreal

Personally I haven't heard any Danley gear, but I shure as heck wouldn't pass up the chance....

+1
I think we've worked for the same people. I've done several Indian weddings.
Wednesday night is the family party
Thursday night is the grooms party
Friday night is the brides party
Saturday is the wedding/other ceremonies/ reception

The last one I did was at the ritz Carlton for the wedding and the parties were at different places every night. For the wedding there was probably 1000 or so people. We had a rig on the lawn for the wedding. A rig in the atrium for cocktail hour and the biggest rig I've ever had at a wedding for the band (top 5 in india i didnt reall care fot them though)DJ who was flown in from overseas. Similar situation with turning it up they wanted it louder and the hotel manager said make them happy! Party was supposed to end at midnight but some guy started handing out 100 bills to me and my 2 hands that were left and the dj per song to keep it going. So we stuck around for a few hundred a piece and 15-20 extra minutes. The Indian "pop" music has a bunch of bottom to it! Btw the band alway wanted things "more sharp" which translates to +15 on everything above like 12-14k.
Hi Thomas. At mine, the reception went on for a day and a half..... wasn't there for the pre-parties !
I got a 500$ tip near the end of the night, and each of my team got 100. Talk about generous.. it's not like our services were cheap to start with... 20K PA, 150K lights, yada yada. heck, he even gave 100 to the hotel dudes that rounded up that piano for me.
Ya, Whatever. Just throw a '57 on it, and get off my stage.

Jeffrey Knorr - JRKLabs.com

• JRKLabs.com
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2012, 04:22:44 PM »

Hello guys, do you know anyone that are renting good quality speakers, (especially Danley Sound labs) speakers in New Jersey?

I will maybe play on a wedding over there for next year. So I thought I would take an advantage of this forum to ask my beloved American friends in here for any help and recommendations.

Why I ask for danley sound labs speakers in particual is because I have been interessted in buying them, and here in SWEDEN there is no one that owns them. so it might be a good chance to even try one out if there is anyone that rents them over there. :)

Hi Matteus,

Cobra Sound is located nearby.  We can get you anything you need from DSL.  Please feel free to call or email me for more information.

Thank you,

Jeff

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2012, 04:22:44 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 22 queries.