ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: Renting PA in the New Jersey districs? (danley sound labs)  (Read 7716 times)

Matteus Köza

• SWEDEN - Västerås
Renting PA in the New Jersey districs? (danley sound labs)
« on: December 05, 2012, 06:39:12 PM »

Hello guys, do you know anyone that are renting good quality speakers, (especially Danley Sound labs) speakers in New Jersey?

I will maybe play on a wedding over there for next year. So I thought I would take an advantage of this forum to ask my beloved American friends in here for any help and recommendations.

Why I ask for danley sound labs speakers in particual is because I have been interessted in buying them, and here in SWEDEN there is no one that owns them. so it might be a good chance to even try one out if there is anyone that rents them over there. :)

if so drop some emails.

Ps ADMIN. Im sorry for posting it in this section. Didnt find the right match. And i know alot of danley users are in this sections. Go ahead to move it to another section if there is a better.

Thanks in advance
Regards.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 06:41:38 PM by Matteus Köza »
KORG PA2x & KORG PA3x PRO
RCF TT25a

Cosmo

• SR Forums
  • Northern Colorado, USA
Re: Renting PA in the New Jersey districs? (danley sound labs)
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2012, 11:46:39 AM »

You did not say how big the wedding is going to be, but unless it's a really big one, the Danley stuff might be overkill.  In my experience, most wedding receptions are around 50-100 people, and any decent SOS rig will do fine.  Remember that most weddings get the old folks out and they typically do not like loud music, preferring to talk without shouting.  If you do go with Danley speakers, though, that wedding will rock!

If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer.  Let him step to the music he hears, however measured or far away.  - H.D. Thoreau

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2012, 01:25:46 PM »

You did not say how big the wedding is going to be, but unless it's a really big one, the Danley stuff might be overkill.  In my experience, most wedding receptions are around 50-100 people, and any decent SOS rig will do fine.  Remember that most weddings get the old folks out and they typically do not like loud music, preferring to talk without shouting.  If you do go with Danley speakers, though, that wedding will rock!
There are a number  of Danley products that work fine for small events-such as weddings-as do so VERY well-especially with the pattern control.

SH100's and THmini are a great small system that fits into the front seat of a car.  Stands and amps in the rear seat.

SM60Fs are a step up in performance with only a small size increase- and so forth.

Just because there are products for large stadiums does not mean that small gigs can't be done as well.

I would say that back when I was with a wedding band-our "average" wedding was probably around 300 people.  We did about 75 weddings a year.

So as usual-it depends.
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Chris Hindle

• SR Forums
  • Montreal, Quebec, Canada, Earth, Sol System,......
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2012, 01:48:53 PM »

You did not say how big the wedding is going to be...... In my experience, most wedding receptions are around 50-100 people........  If you do go with Danley speakers, though, that wedding will rock!
In MY experience, once folks are coming in from overseas, things get a lot bigger, fast.
On one (extreme) occasion, the band was flown in from the Arabian area, as were about half the guests. At the time, the band was #3 or 4 on the Arabian charts. (so I was told. I didn't understand 1 farking word) During supper, the Father of the Bride asked if I could find a piano. They had a concert pianist that wanted to play something for the couple. Needless to say, 10 minutes later a baby grand got pushed onto the dance floor, with a couple of tastfully placed '57s.
800 or so at the reception, and it went on for a day and a half. As the guy paying my bills asked told me to turn it up, I brought the hotel manager into the conversation. He said "Go for it. The wedding party rented the 2 floors above the hall. Do whatever the hell he askes."
Note to locals - Queen Elizabeth Hotel, in Montreal

Personally I haven't heard any Danley gear, but I shure as heck wouldn't pass up the chance....
Ya, Whatever. Just throw a '57 on it, and get off my stage.

Frederik Rosenkjær

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2012, 01:54:28 PM »

You did not say how big the wedding is going to be, but unless it's a really big one, the Danley stuff might be overkill.

This is strange. I was talking to someone here in Denmark working for a regional venue about buying DSL, and told him to stop by the DSL stand at Frankfurt, where he was one of the days where I weren't there. Afterwards, he said he had stopped by briefly, but from talking to someone there, he walked away with the impression that Danley was mostly about stadium sound.

I don't get that!? There are plenty of products for gigs the size of your average wedding...
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 02:49:41 PM by Frederik Rosenkjær »
Affiliations: Danley Sound Labs, Yamaha (MI)

Matteus Köza

• SWEDEN - Västerås
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2012, 02:45:28 PM »

Hey guys, to bad no one of you knew anyone in the New Jersey districts.

Here is some clarifications.

Here in Sweden, our weddings are from 400 - 800 people. And 1000 for big partys like easter, christmas and new year.

For weddings its big I know, they even had sad that our weddings are more Royal then the wedding of our swedish Princess :p.

Im a Assyrian/Syriac, in american terms we are called ARAMEANS, (not armenians). Its common that people from middle easte have little bigger weddings then the avarage wedding. I cant talk for any other nationality but my own. We usualy have it big.
We have big familys and reletives, if i would count only my father side it would go up to 350+ and then you have my mothers side too, and start counting the same there. and then the girls familys etc etc. and this all togheter gets much people. But then we decreas to a sensible amount of  invites of course.

Anyway, I dont know exact how many people. But i dont think it will be a small one. If it was small they would not call us i think.

Anyway.. im still up for some recomendations if you know anyone in thoose areas that have this brand.

Regards
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 02:49:46 PM by Matteus Köza »
RCF TT25a

Matteus Köza

• SWEDEN - Västerås
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2012, 02:49:53 PM »

I would say that back when I was with a wedding band-our "average" wedding was probably around 300 people.  We did about 75 weddings a year.

So as usual-it depends.

TH118 and SM80 would be awesome to hear, would they be "overkill" like one earlier said? for 400/500 people? :P:P i dont think so?
RCF TT25a

Jay Barracato

• Solomons, MD
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2012, 03:31:16 PM »

Contact Jeff Knorr at CobraSound. He is a danley dealer in pennsylvania and should be able to get something for you.
Jay Barracato

Matt Vivlamore

• Lab Lounge
  • Southern Maryland
    • https://www.facebook.com/MeerkatSound/
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2012, 04:58:32 PM »

Contact Jeff Knorr at CobraSound. He is a danley dealer in pennsylvania and should be able to get something for you.

What he said.

I work with a 10 pc wedding/corp party band, typically we are doing wedding 150-200 people.  For this year; the smallest wedding was for 75 people and the largest was 350.
We're based in Southern Maryland, and LIKE us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MeerkatSound/

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2012, 06:32:33 PM »

TH118 and SM80 would be awesome to hear, would they be "overkill" like one earlier said? for 400/500 people? :P:P i dont think so?
One thing that a lot of sound guys seem to forget-you DON'T have to run the system at full output. 

That setup would be just fine.
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Scott Wagner

• Richmond, VA
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2012, 09:04:05 AM »

One thing that a lot of sound guys seem to forget-you DON'T have to run the system at full output. 

That setup would be just fine.
You mean that just because the Corvette can hit 200 mph, I don't HAVE to drive it that fast?  That's just crazy talk, Ivan.
Scott Wagner
Big Nickel Audio

Thomas Lamb

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2012, 09:51:55 AM »

In MY experience, once folks are coming in from overseas, things get a lot bigger, fast.
On one (extreme) occasion, the band was flown in from the Arabian area, as were about half the guests. At the time, the band was #3 or 4 on the Arabian charts. (so I was told. I didn't understand 1 farking word) During supper, the Father of the Bride asked if I could find a piano. They had a concert pianist that wanted to play something for the couple. Needless to say, 10 minutes later a baby grand got pushed onto the dance floor, with a couple of tastfully placed '57s.
800 or so at the reception, and it went on for a day and a half. As the guy paying my bills asked told me to turn it up, I brought the hotel manager into the conversation. He said "Go for it. The wedding party rented the 2 floors above the hall. Do whatever the hell he askes."

Personally I haven't heard any Danley gear, but I shure as heck wouldn't pass up the chance....

+1
I think we've worked for the same people. I've done several Indian weddings.
Wednesday night is the family party
Thursday night is the grooms party
Friday night is the brides party
Saturday is the wedding/other ceremonies/ reception

The last one I did was at the ritz Carlton for the wedding and the parties were at different places every night. For the wedding there was probably 1000 or so people. We had a rig on the lawn for the wedding. A rig in the atrium for cocktail hour and the biggest rig I've ever had at a wedding for the band (top 5 in india i didnt reall care fot them though)DJ who was flown in from overseas. Similar situation with turning it up they wanted it louder and the hotel manager said make them happy! Party was supposed to end at midnight but some guy started handing out 100 bills to me and my 2 hands that were left and the dj per song to keep it going. So we stuck around for a few hundred a piece and 15-20 extra minutes. The Indian "pop" music has a bunch of bottom to it! Btw the band alway wanted things "more sharp" which translates to +15 on everything above like 12-14k.
bigTlamb

"If you suck on a functional analog desk, you'll really suck on a complex digital desk...." Dick Rees

Chris Hindle

• SR Forums
  • Montreal, Quebec, Canada, Earth, Sol System,......
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2012, 12:21:16 PM »

+1
I think we've worked for the same people. I've done several Indian weddings.
Wednesday night is the family party
Thursday night is the grooms party
Friday night is the brides party
Saturday is the wedding/other ceremonies/ reception

The last one I did was at the ritz Carlton for the wedding and the parties were at different places every night. For the wedding there was probably 1000 or so people. We had a rig on the lawn for the wedding. A rig in the atrium for cocktail hour and the biggest rig I've ever had at a wedding for the band (top 5 in india i didnt reall care fot them though)DJ who was flown in from overseas. Similar situation with turning it up they wanted it louder and the hotel manager said make them happy! Party was supposed to end at midnight but some guy started handing out 100 bills to me and my 2 hands that were left and the dj per song to keep it going. So we stuck around for a few hundred a piece and 15-20 extra minutes. The Indian "pop" music has a bunch of bottom to it! Btw the band alway wanted things "more sharp" which translates to +15 on everything above like 12-14k.
Hi Thomas. At mine, the reception went on for a day and a half..... wasn't there for the pre-parties !
I got a 500$ tip near the end of the night, and each of my team got 100. Talk about generous.. it's not like our services were cheap to start with... 20K PA, 150K lights, yada yada. heck, he even gave 100 to the hotel dudes that rounded up that piano for me.
Ya, Whatever. Just throw a '57 on it, and get off my stage.

Jeffrey Knorr - JRKLabs.com

• JRKLabs.com
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2012, 04:22:44 PM »

Hello guys, do you know anyone that are renting good quality speakers, (especially Danley Sound labs) speakers in New Jersey?

I will maybe play on a wedding over there for next year. So I thought I would take an advantage of this forum to ask my beloved American friends in here for any help and recommendations.

Why I ask for danley sound labs speakers in particual is because I have been interessted in buying them, and here in SWEDEN there is no one that owns them. so it might be a good chance to even try one out if there is anyone that rents them over there. :)

Hi Matteus,

Cobra Sound is located nearby.  We can get you anything you need from DSL.  Please feel free to call or email me for more information.

Thank you,

Jeff

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2012, 04:22:44 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 22 queries.