ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: complaints  (Read 18416 times)

Josh Billings

Re: complaints
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2012, 07:35:00 PM »

I think all live sound guys should take a music production crash course. There are a lot mistakes i see people make in the live sound field that aren't made in the studio. There are also a lot of things you do live that make zero sense to do in the studio.

You know what I think would be really handy (and this may already exist) but multi-channel EQ / Compressor with a real time response curve. Possibly with 2: Original and Effected.

Josh Billings

David Parker

« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2012, 08:45:11 PM »

I think all live sound guys should take a music production crash course. There are a lot mistakes i see people make in the live sound field that aren't made in the studio. There are also a lot of things you do live that make zero sense to do in the studio.

You know what I think would be really handy (and this may already exist) but multi-channel EQ / Compressor with a real time response curve. Possibly with 2: Original and Effected.

Josh Billings

there's a lot of things we do live to survive. We don't have the benefit of isolation and re-dos. We don't have the benefit of controlled acoustics. We have to deal with feedback and loud monitors, something the studio guy never has to mess with. It would be a piece of cake if all the musicians live wore headphones. The one band I work for that is all on IEMs is a breeze to mix. A recording guy will crash and burn with a loud band in a small club until he learns survival skills. I've seen it happen. Not that we might not benefit from some studio tricks.

Tim Perry

• Utica-Rome NY
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2012, 08:45:39 PM »

I have now found out that one of the complainers last night is a friend of an ex member of the band. Explains that! and one of the other complainers has the hots for the lead singer. Two down!

Look on the bright side. If it was fun at all feilding a few complaints wont take ALL the fun out of it.

One the other hand covering a karaoke gig at the last minute for a sick buddy left me vowing never to return to this venue.

The girl pictured wasn't bad... but the remainder were torture. 

David Parker

« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2012, 08:52:28 PM »

Look on the bright side. If it was fun at all feilding a few complaints wont take ALL the fun out of it.

One the other hand covering a karaoke gig at the last minute for a sick buddy left me vowing never to return to this venue.

The girl pictured wasn't bad... but the remainder were torture.

you could probably make more money doing karaoke! on a recent cruise I heard comments that karaoke was supposed to be bad singing. I don't know!

Tim Perry

• Utica-Rome NY
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2012, 09:16:46 PM »

you could probably make more money doing karaoke! on a recent cruise I heard comments that karaoke was supposed to be bad singing. I don't know!

$100  show  40 to dj/kj   40 to gas tank.  out of driveway at 6PM home at 3AM...  worth it?

Geoff Doane

• Halifax, NS
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2012, 09:25:01 PM »

Oh, is that what the stage actually looked like?  8)

GTD

Spenser Hamilton

« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2012, 09:39:00 PM »

Josh Billings

Nothing warms my heart more then those nights where the band's "engineer" (ie guy who recorded their last demo in his basement) decides to have a shot at live sound.
Technical Director - Chatham Capitol Theatre/Kiwanis Theatre

Tim Perry

• Utica-Rome NY
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2012, 10:38:05 PM »

Nothing warms my heart more then those nights where the band's "engineer" (ie guy who recorded their last demo in his basement) decides to have a shot at live sound.

me to recording guy: I use mono bus fed subs because only a few mics like kick and bass need to be in the subs.

recording guy: activates subs for all channels and then proceeds to turn the LF all the way down on each channel other then kick, bass, ect.

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2012, 11:05:49 PM »

That would be me.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

Kenny Deal

« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2012, 05:21:15 PM »

This was why I said screw and retired. I now only do a few jobs here and there mostly Charity for my son's school and a few bands that are reasonable to deal with. Mixing Top 40 cover bands in Crapholes bars...I'd rather scrub toilets in Gand central station. Pay is better too.
:)

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2012, 05:21:15 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 25 queries.