ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Flying truss  (Read 3626 times)

Kyle Malenfant

Flying truss
« on: November 30, 2012, 07:35:51 PM »

Quick question about flying truss...note: not intending to do this, but rather gain an understanding when acting as a liaison between my client and the riggers.

When dead hanging a horizontal truss from two points using span sets, how does one connect the steel secondaries to the truss?

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Re: Flying truss
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2012, 10:42:56 PM »

Quick question about flying truss...note: not intending to do this, but rather gain an understanding when acting as a liaison between my client and the riggers.

When dead hanging a horizontal truss from two points using span sets, how does one connect the steel secondaries to the truss?

If this is for a permanent install, you can't use polyester round slings.  Have the structural engineer design your rigging system.  If this is for a road show or temporary installation, it's customary to use a wire rope sling in a basket under the truss.  To be a true safety it must have superior attachment to the structural steel, i.e. not hang from the motor hook but go all the way up.  Your engineer or the head rigger should be discussing this with the venue technical director if there are any questions or concerns.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Kyle Malenfant

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2012, 05:58:49 PM »

If this is for a permanent install, you can't use polyester round slings.  Have the structural engineer design your rigging system.  If this is for a road show or temporary installation, it's customary to use a wire rope sling in a basket under the truss.  To be a true safety it must have superior attachment to the structural steel, i.e. not hang from the motor hook but go all the way up.  Your engineer or the head rigger should be discussing this with the venue technical director if there are any questions or concerns.

Understood.  This gives me enough verbiage to understand what is being discussed between the rigger and client.  Thanks

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2012, 05:58:49 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 23 queries.