ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Code-compliant cabling  (Read 5176 times)

Hal Bissinger/COMSYSTEC

• COMSYSTEC
Re: Code-compliant cabling
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2012, 07:14:21 PM »

Hal, I saw your answers to my electrical questions in this thread:  http://forums.prosoundweb.com/index.php/topic,139517.msg1296656.html#msg1296656

Yes, your question sounded very familiar.

As for the DMX you can use any plenum listed 22 ga 2 pair (shielded?) cable. That can be run through the walls and ceiling just as it is. Type CMP or CL2P is what you want. You do want to keep it separate from the line voltage in that you can't run it through the same ceiling boxes. It must be brought out of the ceiling separately, perhaps a matching plate with a hole in it with a bushing. I suppose if you wanted to get fancy use a plate with an XLR with a patch cord or jumper from the plate XLR to the fixture XLR.

-Hal

Hal Bissinger/COMSYSTEC

• COMSYSTEC
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2012, 07:15:59 PM »

Duplicate post deleted
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 07:17:49 PM by Hal Bissinger/COMSYSTEC »

Kyle Malenfant

« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2012, 11:25:00 PM »

As for the DMX you can use any plenum listed 22 ga 2 pair (shielded?) cable. That can be run through the walls and ceiling just as it is. Type CMP or CL2P is what you want. You do want to keep it separate from the line voltage in that you can't run it through the same ceiling boxes. It must be brought out of the ceiling separately, perhaps a matching plate with a hole in it with a bushing. I suppose if you wanted to get fancy use a plate with an XLR with a patch cord or jumper from the plate XLR to the fixture XLR.

-Hal

Thanks Hal, that's exactly the answer I was looking for.  I appreciate the help.

Brad Weber

• Marietta, GA
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2012, 06:40:19 AM »

It must be brought out of the ceiling separately, perhaps a matching plate with a hole in it with a bushing. I suppose if you wanted to get fancy use a plate with an XLR with a patch cord or jumper from the plate XLR to the fixture XLR.
However, it should be noted that if you are running inside a rated wall assembly or penetrating through a rated wall or ceiling then any penetrations have to be properly addressed such that the rating of the wall or ceiling is maintained.  That might typically require a conduit stub of sufficient length or appropriate fire sealant.

Kyle Malenfant

« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2012, 12:45:07 PM »

However, it should be noted that if you are running inside a rated wall assembly or penetrating through a rated wall or ceiling then any penetrations have to be properly addressed such that the rating of the wall or ceiling is maintained.  That might typically require a conduit stub of sufficient length or appropriate fire sealant.

Understood.  Thanks for the direction.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2012, 12:45:07 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 24 queries.