ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Recommend me some tom mics.  (Read 25299 times)

Liam Flaherty

Recommend me some tom mics.
« on: November 26, 2012, 07:16:02 PM »

I'm looking to get some new clip-on tom mics and was just after some suggestions, so what are your favourite mics at the moment? I'll mainly be using them for louder rock/pop music but occasionally Jazz as well.

Also what are peoples opinion on the Sennheiser e604 vs. e904?? Worth the extra money?

Cheers!

Ryan Tolzmann

Re: Recommend me some tom mics.
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2012, 07:23:09 PM »

I'm looking to get some new clip-on tom mics and was just after some suggestions, so what are your favourite mics at the moment? I'll mainly be using them for louder rock/pop music but occasionally Jazz as well.

Also what are peoples opinion on the Sennheiser e604 vs. e904?? Worth the extra money?

Cheers!

i'm a fan of the audix D series for toms. D2 for the racks, and D4 for the floor tom.
Ryan Tolzmann
Freelance Audio Engineer

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2012, 07:37:45 PM »

Cheers!

Audio Technica AT350 or their predecessor, the AT35.

The Senny 904 is reported to be more robust that the 604.  We have some 504 that have survived nicely but don't get requested much because of the funky mounting (we solved with Mic_Eze butterfly clips).
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

RYAN LOUDMUSIC JENKINS

• Az Concert Sound Solutions
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2012, 08:06:49 PM »

Cheers!

I would really look at the Beyer Dynamic Opus 88 mics.  I love 'em!  Sound awesome and have the best clamp system out there.

Greg_Cameron

• Cameron Pro Audio
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2012, 08:37:32 PM »

I would really look at the Beyer Dynamic Opus 88 mics.  I love 'em!  Sound awesome and have the best clamp system out there.

Those Beyers are now apparently the TG-D58c.
"Procrastinators of the world - contemplate uniting!"

Cameron Pro Audio

David Simpson

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2012, 09:06:55 PM »

what are peoples opinion on the Sennheiser e604 vs. e904?? Worth the extra money

I do think it is worth the extra money. I can really tell a difference.

I have picked up several Heil PR28 and really love them. I have also used the Heil PR31BW and like them (although they are a jump in price from the Sennheiser price range you originally mentioned).

~Dave

Samuel Rees

• Washington, D.C.
Recommend me some tom mics.
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2012, 10:39:54 PM »

D2/D4 is my favorite as well, but the mounting system is certainly bigger than 604.

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2012, 11:40:05 PM »

Heil PR-28, or 22.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

Adam Robinson

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2012, 01:10:42 AM »

Cheers!

I own both 904s and 604s and I don't really see one as an upgrade from the other, they're just different flavors.  That being said, the 904s are more robust and are extremely rider-friendly. 

Jim McKeveny

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2012, 07:20:36 AM »

e604 is a "desert island" instrument mic. If that desert island has phantom power, the e904. Both are terrifically consistent and rugged and bargains in their categories.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2012, 07:20:36 AM »

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 21 queries.