ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Mackie DL1608 Mixer recording  (Read 27053 times)

Tommy Peel

• Longview, Texas
Re: Mackie DL1608 Mixer recording - NOT!
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2013, 04:23:39 PM »

In this case it is not Apple's fault at all. IOS totally has the capibility to make this work. It is Mackies fault for their poor implementation and programming.

I would agree with that, I regularly get files out of my Dropbox via the Dropbox app and send them to other apps(for example going from Dropbox to Pages). It is a PITA sometimes to work with iOS because of the restrictions imposed by the OS but as a whole it's fairly secure and reliable.

I do wish that some of the mixer manufacturers would build Android apps... But more people have iPads. I love my iPad, Macbook Pro, and Droid X.  ;D

Dan Richardson

• southern Vermont
    • NotTooLoud
Re: Mackie DL1608 Mixer recording - NOT!
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2013, 05:01:21 PM »

In this case it is not Apple's fault at all. IOS totally has the capibility to make this work. It is Mackies fault for their poor implementation and programming.

Correct. Many iOS apps have "Open In..." functionality. There's also this new third party Audiobus protocol for passing streams between apps. The iOS audio community has been adopting it an incredible rate. It could easily be used to add effects to the DL1608. All that's needed is Mackie to enable it.
The best sound system is no sound system. Everything else is compromise.

Tim Nelson

Re: Mackie DL1608 Mixer recording
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2013, 03:46:38 PM »

I've been using the REC&PLAYER app ..https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/rec-player/id501287969?mt=8 it allows for drop box and a choice on what format you record to just open it up hit record slide back to MasterFader and it's recording the main outs. 

Pete Erskine

• Best Audio
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2013, 06:33:07 PM »

I've been using the REC&PLAYER app ..https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/rec-player/id501287969?mt=8 it allows for drop box and a choice on what format you record to just open it up hit record slide back to MasterFader and it's recording the main outs.

what about recording the ins?
Pete Erskine
917-750-1134
www.bestaudio.com
[email protected]

Tim Nelson

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2013, 04:49:04 PM »

The MasterFader software only allows for 2 channels out and 2 channels in for sound and not both at the same time so what ever you have coming out of your mains will record and if you have the IPAD physically connected and are using it for the 17th channel to play music through it will stop whatever function was going .... start music and it stops recording...... start recording it will stop playback of music.

Geoff Doane

• Halifax, NS
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2013, 04:54:05 PM »

.... start music and it stops recording...... start recording it will stop playback of music.

Sounds like the RIAA insisted on that feature.  ::)

GTD

Ron Kimball

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2013, 02:25:43 PM »

My personal opinion of Apple was formed based on a personal conversation with a now-dead Apple executive, held in Cupertino about 20 years ago.
I'm hoping that now that he's dead they'll "open up" the iPad to user wanted features - he was the reason there's no arrow keys on the virtual keyboard for instance :o . OTOH Mackie's lack of playback capability and lack of dropbox and inter-app support is their doing, not Apple's :o .

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2013, 02:25:43 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 22 queries.