ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Our town was so small.......  (Read 13357 times)

George Friedman-Jimenez

• NYC
Re: Our town was so small.......
« Reply #40 on: December 09, 2012, 03:42:36 AM »

Yup, I remember my first phone number, exchange prefix was Colfax (CO 2- 1635). I remember that first phone number, but can't tell you the several after that and before my current one. I suspect a quirk of a young brain with a number considered important to know, burned indelibly into a less cluttered memory. Back then your phone number was your lifeline to home and safety.
How many other people remember their childhood phone number, but not the 2nd , 3rd, etc? Or is it just me?
JR
Good observation. I remember my first phone number with the name exchange, and even my old ham radio license number from 5th grade that I only had for a year, but I can't remember any numbers from college days or later. Now I can't even remember which computer passwords I changed to last week. Of course one telephone number for 15 years is more likely to be remembered than one out of 15 or 20 passwords, most of which are permutations of the others, that get changed and rotated every few months as required. It could also be that small town simpler 1950-60s childhood lifestyle is more conducive to remembering important things than big city pace and complex adult lifestyle.

Jonathan Johnson

• Southwest Washington (state, not DC)
« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2012, 09:46:13 PM »

.........that we had to take turns being the town drunk.
Our town was so small, the town drunk was also the policeman. He had to put himself in jail.

The police had watched too many Dukes of Hazzard reruns and after they had wrecked all the patrol cars, the city council bought them a Volkswagen Rabbit with light bars.
Stop confusing the issue with facts and logic!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2012, 09:46:13 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 25 queries.