ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ViSi Remote/Router/SiCompact 16  (Read 18685 times)

Patrick Moore

ViSi Remote/Router/SiCompact 16
« on: November 19, 2012, 07:53:22 PM »

I'm an audio engineer, not an IT guy :D

I have a Soundcraft SiCompact 16, an Apple Airport Express, and an iPad 1 with the ViSi remote app.

My airport express was set for StageMix with an LS9 (router in bridge mode, static ip on iPad) but that config doesn't seem to work with the Soundcraft. 

The user guide for the visi remote says to use DHCP mode with the console and router, however I can't seem to correctly set the Ip address for the router to pass data between the console and iPad.

I know it's a vague question but can anyone walk me through this?  Thanks very much.

Geri O'Neil

Re: ViSi Remote/Router/SiCompact 16
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2012, 11:05:32 PM »

I'm slowly becoming an IT guy (and not a very good one so far...)

Let me see if I can remember this as I just went through it a couple of weeks ago...

I wound up setting the console (An Si Compact 32) to a static IP address that was higher than the IP address range of my router (an IT friend set up my router range from 192.168.1.100 to 128 - don't know the significance of this yet). I think I set up the Si Compact for a static IP address of 192.168.1.150. I don't think the router is in bridge mode. The router sets the IP address for the iPad. This same router in this configuration is also used for our M7CLs and the CL5, as well as used when I remote to the 5D with the Macbook and the iPad (and what a clumsy affair THAT is).

You also have to set a HiQNet address on both the console and the iPad. It's a 5-digit number like 1 1 1 1 1. So I set the console for 1 2 3 4 5 and the iPad (look under "settings" and on the left side, scroll down to the ViSiRemote app) for 1 2 3 4 6. I also turned on the throttle slider updates, but I don't know if it was necessary.

This is how I made the console and the iPad work together. I won't go into the customary rant about the lack of certain features with the app. It's sufficient enough to help out.

And anyone PLEASE feel free to critique my method, or fine tune, or correct as necessary. I hacked my way through getting them to connect at the last minute.

Geri O

Ronnie.Reels

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2012, 11:19:17 PM »

I'm an audio engineer, not an IT guy :D

I have a Soundcraft SiCompact 16, an Apple Airport Express, and an iPad 1 with the ViSi remote app.

My airport express was set for StageMix with an LS9 (router in bridge mode, static ip on iPad) but that config doesn't seem to work with the Soundcraft. 

The user guide for the visi remote says to use DHCP mode with the console and router, however I can't seem to correctly set the Ip address for the router to pass data between the console and iPad.

I know it's a vague question but can anyone walk me through this?  Thanks very much.

Definitely set the router and console to dhcp.....don't worry about what the hiqnet address is.   Make sure router is on first and then boot console and it will automatically assign an ip.  Go into settings.... then visi remote on ipad and make the HiQnet address blank and then launch visi app and it should come on and work. 
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 11:22:16 PM by Ronnie.Reels »

Samuel Rees

• Washington, D.C.
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2012, 11:38:57 PM »

DHCP all around, HiQ nets were right out of the box, and no special confog works for me on a standard WRT54G.

Geri O'Neil

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2012, 08:13:15 AM »

Definitely set the router and console to dhcp.....don't worry about what the hiqnet address is.   Make sure router is on first and then boot console and it will automatically assign an ip.  Go into settings.... then visi remote on ipad and make the HiQnet address blank and then launch visi app and it should come on and work.

I'll bet my mistake was not booting the desk after the router. At the time, I had 20 minutes before soundcheck to make it connect and I was already set up onstage with the desk (a hoity-toity situation where a snake, much less a FOH position would have been uncool). I was trying everything to make it work, which it did.

Good stuff to know, I didn't think it had to be that difficult.

Geri O

Mark McFarlane

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2012, 04:50:39 AM »

I'll bet my mistake was not booting the desk after the router. At the time, I had 20 minutes before soundcheck to make it connect and I was already set up onstage with the desk (a hoity-toity situation where a snake, much less a FOH position would have been uncool). I was trying everything to make it work, which it did.

Good stuff to know, I didn't think it had to be that difficult.

Geri O

If you use static IP addresses for all devices the boot order should not matter.  You may then, optionally, disable DHCP in the router.

Mark McFarlane

Patrick Moore

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2012, 09:08:22 PM »

Got it working by following all the directions above...  I'm a little disappointed in the ViSi remote app coming from using StageMix for the last year or so.  Visi remote is a little too bare bones, but works well for ringing out monitors and whatnot. 

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2012, 09:08:22 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 23 queries.