ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: EV Eliminator Doubles for 1000+ people @ 70' wide x 95' deep ballroom  (Read 8368 times)

Sean Chen

• Pristine Audio
Re: EV Eliminator Doubles for 1000 people @ 100' x 100' ballroom
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2012, 09:45:36 AM »

Just got an update budget from the organization. They have $2k allocated for the speakers rental. That won't get very much. Any suggestions? Can they use their Eliminator Double as subs by running LPF?
Pristine Audio
Authorized dealer for Allen & Heath, Countryman, Danley Sound Labs, Dynaudio, Electro-Voice, Gator Cases, HK Audio, K&M, Mackie, MiPro, RCF,  Yorkville
www.pristine-audio.com

TJ (Tom) Cornish

• St. Paul, MN
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2012, 09:58:06 AM »

Just got an update budget from the organization. They have $2k allocated for the speakers rental. That won't get very much. Any suggestions? Can they use their Eliminator Double as subs by running LPF?
Nope - they're not subs.  Trying to do this will likely lead to speaker damage.  How long is the event?

I would think a local sound vendor would be willing to provide racks and stacks of something like JBL SRX or EV QRX in that price range assuming you only need the speakers and the amps, and have the rest of the system and necessary labor.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 10:08:13 AM by TJ (Tom) Cornish »

Jerome Malsack

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2012, 10:31:55 AM »

Another factor is the placement on the speakers / or the stack.  Are these on the floor?

We typically would place the double 15 with horn on top of 4 18's subs  2 high by 2 wide.  We also add in a pair of JBL 2 inch thoat horns to each side to get throw.   

Sean Chen

• Pristine Audio
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2012, 10:36:51 PM »

Another factor is the placement on the speakers / or the stack.  Are these on the floor?

We typically would place the double 15 with horn on top of 4 18's subs  2 high by 2 wide.  We also add in a pair of JBL 2 inch thoat horns to each side to get throw.

This organization used to place them on the front corners of the 2' stage. When I started working with them 2 years ago, I placed the Eliminators 10' high (don't ask me how). They also used to put a pair of ZX4's as delay speakers, but without delay processor.
Pristine Audio
Authorized dealer for Allen & Heath, Countryman, Danley Sound Labs, Dynaudio, Electro-Voice, Gator Cases, HK Audio, K&M, Mackie, MiPro, RCF,  Yorkville
www.pristine-audio.com

Sean Chen

• Pristine Audio
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2012, 10:40:02 PM »

I would think a local sound vendor would be willing to provide racks and stacks of something like JBL SRX or EV QRX in that price range assuming you only need the speakers and the amps, and have the rest of the system and necessary labor.

I am actually in Michigan, traveling to Indiana to work with them during the break. I am not familiar with sound vendor in that area. This is in Merrillville IN, which is pretty close to Chicago. Any Labster in that area?
Pristine Audio
www.pristine-audio.com

Rick Powell

« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2012, 12:46:08 AM »

I am actually in Michigan, traveling to Indiana to work with them during the break. I am not familiar with sound vendor in that area. This is in Merrillville IN, which is pretty close to Chicago. Any Labster in that area?

Try Brian Wynn of Sounds Cool Audio.  He is either in Merrillville or one town away.

Benjamin D. HIll

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2012, 10:12:23 PM »

http://melodymartusa.com/PA%20Systems.html
This fellow is good too.
great rig good prices.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2012, 10:12:23 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 24 queries.