ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Seismic Audio Snake?  (Read 14151 times)

RYAN LOUDMUSIC JENKINS

• Az Concert Sound Solutions
Re: Seismic Audio Snake?
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2012, 09:10:01 AM »

I think I have 9 EWI snakes of various forms and sizes. They all have worked great.  The sheathing is a little softer than A whirlwind Medusa.  I have managed to get a couple small slices in one of my snakes but nothing that a little bit of E-Tape couldn't cure.  I also have the sheathing stretch and expand a bit here but I think that my 115 degree weather is the cause of that.  I have put a little extra shrink tubing in places to help prevent that.  My summer weather here is a lot more extreme and abusive on gear than most of you can imagine and overall I would say that the EWI stuff really holds up awesome.

I also have several patch and insert snakes from EWI and they have all been great too!

When I order XLR connectors, I order the EWI brand.  They have been everybit as reliable as the Neurik connectors.  The EWI 1/4" connectors are not quite as good as the Neutrik ones but I think that the issues I have have been from the plastic breaking down in  the heat and breaking the threads easier.

I use a lot of EWI microphone cables and I love them.  I have had a total of two EWI mic cable failures out of maybe a 100 or so cables.  They are sitting in a pile with about 30 other mic cables of various other brands to be repaired.

I have been buying a ton of stuff from Audiopile for many years and will continue to do so.  In fact I just received some more cases and connectors last week.

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2012, 09:14:31 AM »

When I order XLR connectors, I order the EWI brand.  They have been every bit as reliable as the Neurik connectors. 

Me, too.
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2012, 09:14:31 AM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 24 queries.