ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Ipad or Ipad mini as a control surface?  (Read 9450 times)

Tommy Peel

• Longview, Texas
Re: Ipad or Ipad mini as a control surface?
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2012, 02:26:22 AM »

I'd have a hard time recommending a 1st gen ipad, I've got one and after the iOS 5 update its been pretty laggy and apps tend to crash too often. That said I haven't mixed with an ipad(I use an analog board) but for general ipad usage(Web browsing, most apps, overall speed) a 2nd gen or later will be much better. Unless you get a really good deal on a 1st gen(at least $100 less than a 2nd gen) get a 2nd gen or later. It is worth noting that my 1st gens battery still lasts a long time, I'd guess 7-8 hours with the screen and wifi on.

Sent from my Milestone X using Tapatalk 2

Tim Padrick

• Indianapolis
    • T.P. Audio
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2012, 04:54:33 AM »

Go to Craigslist, but ignore all the for-sale adds (they are either sold, a scam, or a way to tell you about a pay-per bid auction site).  Post a want-to-buy add and specify local sale only.  I got a mint iPad2 16G with a Griffin Survivor case for $300.

Luke Robinson

• audio gods
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2012, 05:15:35 PM »

So Iwant to get an ipad to use with the x32, mostly for ringing monitors on stage. Being a notebook pc guy, I have NO experience with the ipad's. Any suggestions will be appreciated....

I have 3 iPads at this point, 1st gen, 3rd gen, and my new mini.

I am reading alot of comments on screen size and big fingers, so note that I am 6'4" and 300lbs. I am a big guy with big hands.

I purchased the mini exclusively to run stage mix for my LS9s and I will absolutely never go back. It is an absolute joy to mix on the mini, It fits in my hand very nicely, and when holding it with two hands I can reach all faders with my thumbs without having to stretch my hands at all. also the difference in weight makes it easier on your arms if you are holding it for extended periods of time. It seems kind of trivial but I am telling you that I LOVE it.

I also have 5 guys that work for me and 3 of them are already considering swapping out their regular iPads for a mini for the same reason.

(another bonus is tat it is a bit more concealable and since mixing on the mini I have not had as many people in the crowd stop me to ask why I am looking at my iPad...)

Guy Morris

« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2012, 08:15:03 AM »

Love the idea of hiding the mini easily to stop being asked what you are doing! On private events it happens all the time!  I use the standard I pad and prefer it to a previous tablet format that frankly sucked so also interested to know how the mini holds up with stagemix use. It will be mainly a personal choice for most of us I find the I pad a brilliant tool for remote mix work and ok size and weight wise  Oh yes and your less likely to leave it somewhere by accident!  Off to check out the mini now!

I have 3 iPads at this point, 1st gen, 3rd gen, and my new mini.

I am reading alot of comments on screen size and big fingers, so note that I am 6'4" and 300lbs. I am a big guy with big hands.

I purchased the mini exclusively to run stage mix for my LS9s and I will absolutely never go back. It is an absolute joy to mix on the mini, It fits in my hand very nicely, and when holding it with two hands I can reach all faders with my thumbs without having to stretch my hands at all. also the difference in weight makes it easier on your arms if you are holding it for extended periods of time. It seems kind of trivial but I am telling you that I LOVE it.

I also have 5 guys that work for me and 3 of them are already considering swapping out their regular iPads for a mini for the same reason.

(another bonus is tat it is a bit more concealable and since mixing on the mini I have not had as many people in the crowd stop me to ask why I am looking at my iPad...)

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2012, 08:15:03 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 23 queries.