ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: EV SK1 Rigging Kit  (Read 5298 times)

Douglas R. Allen

EV SK1 Rigging Kit
« on: November 14, 2012, 07:47:48 PM »

http://www.fullcompass.com/common/files/4966-EV_SK1_Rigging_Kit_EDS-52f7c9163e27882ff97a74a54c7c0627.pdf

I was not sure if this should be in the install area or not so please move as needed.
With the EV SK1 rigging kit how big is the ring? Will it slide on a 1 inch shaft? I can't seem to find anywhere what the size of the ring is.

Thanks for any input.
Douglas R. Allen

Thomas Lamb

Re: EV SK1 Rigging Kit
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2012, 08:09:33 PM »

Just had a ancra stud in my hands today I don't think it will come close to fitting over a 1@ shaft.
bigTlamb

"If you suck on a functional analog desk, you'll really suck on a complex digital desk...." Dick Rees

Bill Hinds

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2012, 08:13:40 PM »

http://www.fullcompass.com/common/files/4966-EV_SK1_Rigging_Kit_EDS-52f7c9163e27882ff97a74a54c7c0627.pdf

I was not sure if this should be in the install area or not so please move as needed.
With the EV SK1 rigging kit how big is the ring? Will it slide on a 1 inch shaft? I can't seem to find anywhere what the size of the ring is.

Thanks for any input.
Douglas R. Allen

Should be fine.  I believe the diameter is 1.75"  See the spec sheet from Acra here. 

http://www.ancra-llc.com/consumer/pdfs/an_auto.pdf

Bill Hinds

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2012, 08:26:37 PM »

Thanks for any input.
Douglas R. Allen

Doug, I will measure one in the morning when I get to the shop and post back if no one has before then.  Seems to me the ones I have with my QRX's would accept a 1" diameter shaft.  The website I posted said the ring was 1.75" diameter but part of that is taken up where the ring goes thru the stud.

Douglas R. Allen

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2012, 05:04:32 AM »

Doug, I will measure one in the morning when I get to the shop and post back if no one has before then.  Seems to me the ones I have with my QRX's would accept a 1" diameter shaft.  The website I posted said the ring was 1.75" diameter but part of that is taken up where the ring goes thru the stud.

Bill;

Thanks! That would be a big help. It would be nice to know before I order 2. At around $90 or $180 for the pair I don't want to end up with something I can't use. I will be sliding the ring around a 1 inch solid shaft and mounting them on stands. Like in this photo. I've been using the stands with my EF500p for years with no problems so I know the lighter EV speakers will be fine.

Thanks again;

Douglas R. Allen

Douglas R. Allen

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2012, 05:20:04 AM »

Bill;

I wanted to ask also because I've never worked with this type of flyware. Can the ring be rotated under the load of a speaker to work with any angle of hang? I may from time to time have an EF500p on one side and a EV SXa250 on the other side of the stand. Rotate the EV to work as side fill in rooms that are more wide than long.

Douglas R. Allen
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 05:39:18 AM by Douglas R. Allen »

Bill Hinds

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2012, 11:24:04 AM »

I wanted to ask also because I've never worked with this type of flyware. Can the ring be rotated under the load of a speaker to work with any angle of hang? I may from time to time have an EF500p on one side and a EV SXa250 on the other side of the stand. Rotate the EV to work as side fill in rooms that are more wide than long.

Douglas R. Allen

Doug,  I just measured.  There is 1.25" clearance inside the ring to the stud so a 1" diameter rod will go through the ring. The total inside diameter of the ring is 1.5"

Yes you can turn the ring in what ever orientation you need to. Might be a little difficult to do it under load though but if you get it positioned first in the correct orientation you should not have a problem. 

Hope that helps,

Bill

Douglas R. Allen

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2012, 05:05:20 PM »

Doug,  I just measured.  There is 1.25" clearance inside the ring to the stud so a 1" diameter rod will go through the ring. The total inside diameter of the ring is 1.5"

Yes you can turn the ring in what ever orientation you need to. Might be a little difficult to do it under load though but if you get it positioned first in the correct orientation you should not have a problem. 

Hope that helps,

Bill

Bill;

Thank you for taking the time to measure them. Saved me the hassel of buying some then having to send them back.
I'm going to pick up a pair.

Thanks again;  :)

Douglas R. Allen

Bill Hinds

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2012, 06:00:03 PM »

Bill;

Thank you for taking the time to measure them. Saved me the hassel of buying some then having to send them back.
I'm going to pick up a pair.

Thanks again;  :)

Douglas R. Allen

No Problem.  Glad I could help. 

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2012, 06:00:03 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 24 queries.