ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking to purchase Versarray 112 Array  (Read 2043 times)

Chris Delcambre

Looking to purchase Versarray 112 Array
« on: November 14, 2012, 12:47:07 PM »

Hi Yall,

I am looking at purchasing a versarray system of 8-10 VR112 Mark I per side. What would approx my crowd range and coverage area be?? I do mostly Christian Praise and Worship Bands and Texas Country. Basically what I am looking to do is to build a better system than my local competitors and try to pick up some festivals that they have been doing. Crowds range from 500 to 2500. Is this feasible???

I have 2 real competitors and here are there setups:

one of them is using a JBL SRX Rig 3 725 over 3 SR4719 a side with mix and matched crown amps
the other has 4 EAW KF730 a side over 2 SB1000 a side with qsc pl380

I am currently using 2 QW4 over 2 QW218 a side ran off of Crown XTIs with VSX26
and looking to step it up another notch for some bigger shows.

Thanks for any help you can be.

Chris

Doug Fowler

• Member since May 1995, 2nd poster on original LAB, moderator on and off since 1997, now running TurboMOD v1.826
  • Administrator
  • Saint Louis, MO USA
Re: Looking to purchase Versarray 112 Array
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2012, 12:56:09 PM »

Hi Yall,

I am looking at purchasing a versarray system of 8-10 VR112 Mark I per side. What would approx my crowd range and coverage area be?? I do mostly Christian Praise and Worship Bands and Texas Country. Basically what I am looking to do is to build a better system than my local competitors and try to pick up some festivals that they have been doing. Crowds range from 500 to 2500. Is this feasible???

I have 2 real competitors and here are there setups:

one of them is using a JBL SRX Rig 3 725 over 3 SR4719 a side with mix and matched crown amps
the other has 4 EAW KF730 a side over 2 SB1000 a side with qsc pl380

I am currently using 2 QW4 over 2 QW218 a side ran off of Crown XTIs with VSX26
and looking to step it up another notch for some bigger shows.

Thanks for any help you can be.

Chris

If you are planning on using the Vermette lifts, determine how low the bottom box will be at full height on the lift.  IIRC 8 hangs really low, 10 might not be possible.  Even 8 gets you into bottom box at unusable height, i.e. below head level. 

What is your budget?

Brawndo, the Thirst Mutilator. 
It's got electrolytes. 
It's got what plants crave.

Chris Delcambre

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2012, 01:31:25 PM »

If you are planning on using the Vermette lifts, determine how low the bottom box will be at full height on the lift.  IIRC 8 hangs really low, 10 might not be possible.  Even 8 gets you into bottom box at unusable height, i.e. below head level. 

What is your budget?

I am going to fly them from genies when I use the full 8 to 10. Budget is around 20-25k.... I have a guy that will sell me 20 Mark I with 2 fly bars for 15k so that is why I am asking specifically about these boxes and I also have all the amplifiers I need to power them...

Thanks,
Chris

Jack keaton

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2012, 06:45:08 PM »

I am going to fly them from genies when I use the full 8 to 10. Budget is around 20-25k.... I have a guy that will sell me 20 Mark I with 2 fly bars for 15k so that is why I am asking specifically about these boxes and I also have all the amplifiers I need to power them...

Thanks,
Chris

I wouldnt do mark I. They run out of gas fast.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2012, 06:45:08 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 26 queries.