ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CobraNet Issues  (Read 2232 times)

Joe Petersen

CobraNet Issues
« on: November 28, 2012, 01:49:30 AM »

Hello everyone,

I am a total rookie concerning Cobranet and am looking for some ideas on how I can get this system up and running. I have done a fair amount of research and have managed to get most of the system functional, but am having a fair amount of trouble with 3 devices in particular.

The following is a description of the system: (2) Biamp EXPI units and (2) Biamp AudioFLEX units make up my 16x48 DSP. The first EXPI unit provides my line level inputs from a Crestron DM 16x16 and the second provides Mic inputs from wireless mic receivers. All of the I/O's from the AudiaFLEX units are configured as outputs to my amplifiers which power 44 ceiling speakers.

In addition to that we have (3) Atterotech Mic input modules which are connected to the Cisco managed switch. These are identified in the Biamp software with bundle numbers of 265, 266 & 267 respectively and work flawlessly.

The EXPI units communicate with the AudiaFLEX units over CobraNet as usual and are also working flawlessly. These of course utilize the private bundle numbers and are configured from the Biamp software.

Lastly, we have (3) Bosch VARI directional line array loudspeaker systems with Cobranet modules. These are also identified in the Biamp program and utilize a multicast bundle number of 200.

When I configured everything with the Cobranet discovery utility, everything seemed to be set up correctly. I, of course, did not have to assign the private bundle numbers to allow communication between the Biamp units as this was handled by the program, but I did have to assign bundle numbers to the mic modules and the loudspeakers and these correspond to the bundle numbers specified in the Biamp program. Everything shows to be receiving and transmitting audio, but I am getting no sound from my Bosch loudspeakers. These, by the way, have to be set up with Bosch's configuration software beforehand which was no problem. I verified that they aren't muted and the volume was at 0dB. For now, I am not worried about the spread pattern or anything, I just want sound from them first.

By the way, I have also divided the switch up into (2) VLAN's in order to avoid collisions with the data.

What am I mising!? Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Joe
Joe Petersen, CTS

Joe Petersen

Re: CobraNet Issues
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2012, 08:21:16 PM »

So, turns out when using the Bosch VARI directional line array systems one MUST upload a special source file that is specifically for CobraNet. If this isn't done, the system just doesn't know that it even has a CobraNet card. Everything can be configured as far as bundle numbers and channels etc, but you will not be able to transmit sound...

Hope this helps someone later because unfortunately Bosch didn't seem to know enough about their new systems to find the problem. I just so happened to stumble upon it while frantically searching through the various settings.

Joe Petersen, CTS

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: CobraNet Issues
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2012, 08:21:16 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 25 queries.