ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: First Timer Club PA Design  (Read 6700 times)

Zack Bowman

Re: First Timer Club PA Design
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2012, 01:57:53 PM »

When you say "national sound equipment supplier" exactly what does that mean?  A mail order house?  A large install company?  A rep firm?  Something else?

Personally I would go to them (if they are so equipped (which you say they are) to do design work.

Or are you trying to do this "under the table" to keep them out of it?

I started this project yesterday, but I am moving it up the proper chain of command and this customer will be taken care of. No worries and thanks for all of your wisdom.  :)

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2012, 02:19:36 PM »

I started this project yesterday, but I am moving it up the proper chain of command and this customer will be taken care of. No worries and thanks for all of your wisdom.  :)

IOW, you've essentially taken the advice you received in the first response.  Good for you.  You'll get more props from the referral to the appropriate folks than from making mistakes to learn from at their expense.
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Zack Bowman

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2012, 09:11:07 PM »

Just an update.

I've consulted with more experienced peers and decided on a new active system. An A&H Mixwizard, DBX Dr260, two KW153s, and four KW181s are sounding right for his place. It's very adequate and he's very happy; if he wants to add more speakers in the future he can easily. This also allows him to set the 260 to mute the PA if the fire alarm goes off, the name of the club is Heat so you never know haha. I told him to consult a qualified contractor for the hanging of any speakers. Thanks for putting that into perspective and thank you for your knowledge.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2012, 09:11:07 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 25 queries.