ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Interested in VENUE certification / training in Washington, D.C.  (Read 1544 times)

Samuel Rees

• Washington, D.C.
Interested in VENUE certification / training in Washington, D.C.
« on: November 13, 2012, 06:07:13 PM »

Hello...

I'm interested in getting VENUE training and certification, and I live in Washington, D.C. The Avid website seems to indicate that there are no VENUE classes in D.C. In fact, the only ones I can find on there are in San Francisco. Does anyone know if VENUE classes exist near me? Am I just navigating the website wrong (I found it a little confusing).

Thanks!
SR

Steve Milner

• DcSoundOp Audio Blog
Re: Interested in VENUE certification / training in Washington, D.C.
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2012, 11:22:01 AM »

Hello...

I'm interested in getting VENUE training and certification, and I live in Washington, D.C. The Avid website seems to indicate that there are no VENUE classes in D.C. In fact, the only ones I can find on there are in San Francisco. Does anyone know if VENUE classes exist near me? Am I just navigating the website wrong (I found it a little confusing).

Thanks!
SR

I don't know about any official schedules or training in the area as such, but I do know that Howard University has a Venue installed at FOH in their theater, and may offer training through-out the year. (Doubtful that this is publicly offered to non-students, but might be a good place to start asking). UMBC just outside of Baltimore is now also and Avid school, offering PT certification, and could likely point you in the right direction.

There is always the option of asking a buddy if you can crash his warehouse for a day and learn the console yourself. . . there are some VERY generous console and sound company owners in the area, who have been incredibly willing over the years to let me pop in and out to play with their new toys for a few hours in a dark corner of their shops.

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Interested in VENUE certification / training in Washington, D.C.
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2012, 11:22:01 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 26 queries.