ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Ambiance mics  (Read 8817 times)

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
Re: Ambiance mics
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2012, 02:56:03 PM »

How many channels will suffice?  If you need 32, then the X32 is looking good.  If you can live with half that, you'll really save space and weight.  Or the usual old suggestion of an 01v96 with expansion card and single small rack with the extra pre/AD unit.
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Bob L. Wilson

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2012, 03:30:45 PM »

How many channels will suffice?  If you need 32, then the X32 is looking good.  If you can live with half that, you'll really save space and weight.  Or the usual old suggestion of an 01v96 with expansion card and single small rack with the extra pre/AD unit.
minimum of 20-24 mics plus a couple stereo inputs, the Wackie 1608, Line6 and 01v96 just aren't big enough. Lots of hype and static around about the actual performance and sound of the X32. To me for $2.5K, especially with this manufacturers history, any rational buyer has to know they are taking a flyer on reliability, yet the web is awash in hand wringing about build quality. I figure we can't lose on the reliability issue, either the board will be as well made as B claims or I get to go over to Uli's thread and start casting stones. I do need some insight on how it works, how easy it is to use, and how the preamps and onboard processing sound.

brian maddox

• HeyYahWon! ttsss! ttsss!
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2012, 03:51:34 PM »

... I do need some insight on how it works, how easy it is to use, and how the preamps and onboard processing sound.

Well, I've got two of them.  So heres me two pennies.  It works great.  It is Very Easy To Use.  And it sounds really good.

Longevity?  Ask me in a couple of years.  But for now, I'm very very pleased.  For what it is, I don't see any competition at this price point.  Period.
"It feels wrong to be in the audience.  And it's too peopley!" - Steve Smith

brian maddox
[email protected]
Savannah, GA

'...do not trifle with the affairs of dragons...

....for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup...'

Bob L. Wilson

« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2012, 10:03:07 AM »

Well, I've got two of them.  So heres me two pennies.  It works great.  It is Very Easy To Use.  And it sounds really good.

Longevity?  Ask me in a couple of years.  But for now, I'm very very pleased.  For what it is, I don't see any competition at this price point.  Period.

Thanks. I ordered one this weekend.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2012, 10:03:07 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 24 queries.