ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Simple recording question  (Read 3172 times)

Phil B

Simple recording question
« on: November 18, 2012, 05:47:47 AM »

Hi

I'm new to this forum and would appreciate your assistance.

We have a Yamaha o1v96i and currently interface with a PC (for both recording and playback) via the "normal" PC sound outputs. I'd like to get rid of those cables and replace them with a single USB cable. Basically I have two questions:

1: What is the simplest way to record on the PC via USB
2: Is it possible to output all the PC audio via USB to the o1v96i? (ie I'd like to be able to play video clips etc on the PC with audio going to the o1v96i via USB).

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
Re: Simple recording question
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2012, 08:56:44 AM »

Hi

I'm new to this forum and would appreciate your assistance.

We have a Yamaha o1v96i and currently interface with a PC (for both recording and playback) via the "normal" PC sound outputs. I'd like to get rid of those cables and replace them with a single USB cable. Basically I have two questions:

2: Is it possible to output all the PC audio via USB to the o1v96i? (ie I'd like to be able to play video clips etc on the PC with audio going to the o1v96i via USB).

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/iO2exp

2-way USB interface.
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Sidney.Pilien

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2012, 01:05:51 AM »

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/iO2exp

2-way USB interface.

You don't need an interface. The i model allows you to record up to 16 tracks direct usb to your computer via Cubebase Al without the Dante card as previously required.
Sidney Pilien  

As Schultze would say "I know nutting!"

Jano Svitok

• SR Forums
  • Bratislava, Slovakia
    • zvukari.sk
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2012, 11:04:27 AM »

As Sydney wrote: just connect USB, set proper routing in 01v, and find some recording software (Cubase - is bundled with the mixer, Reaper, Audacity,...)

Use the same USB cable - you can send 16 channels of audio from PC to 01v. That means 8 stereo pairs that you can mix in the console, i.e. start several videos, and mix the sound in the PC, or you can cue one while another is running - although that requires some clever routing and some free channels in the desk.

Problem could be if you want to use two applications at once - one for recording and one for playback - that might be tricky. Try to use ASIO application for recording, and WDM (normal windows audio) for playback if you get stuck.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2012, 11:04:27 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 25 queries.