ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Thinking of buying a D&B system , thoughts?  (Read 9434 times)

Adam Robinson

Re: Thinking of buying a D&B system , thoughts?
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2012, 01:55:13 AM »

The D&B C system is one of my favorite conventional boxes still, but Tony is quite right, the C7 was never designed to be deployed in multiples.  If you're looking for a sizeable rig as you've mentioned, you'll want to stick with the C4 as the C7s pattern doesn't lend itself to being in an array with 6 per side (the quantities you mentioned).  I'm currently using two C7 tops over two C7 subs per side as sidefill on my tour.  I had previously used a C7 top and C7 sub over a B2, but need move coverage on stage this time around.  I'm regularly impressed at how loud these boxes get and how good they sound.

When you're back at your drawing board, I highly recommend seeing what you can do in C4 land, including looking at B2s.  The B2 sub is still an amazing box and one of my favorite subs out there!

Brian Larson

Thinking of buying a D&B system , thoughts?
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2012, 03:13:49 AM »

That's a very nice system you're talking about, but do you have the gigs to use it? You say you've been in live sound for 10 years working for another company, but do you have a client base that will need a rig this size?

Probably 70% or more of my gigs are SOS. It was probably more like 99% in my first few years of business. I've got a QRX rig that sounds great and is fun to play with but it doesnt go out nearly as much as a pair of powered speakers and an 01V. if you've already got the clients that need the big rig then by all means go for it. Otherwise I urge you to think about getting some smaller more versatile systems and invest your money into other aspects of your business plan.

YMMV

Tony Mitchell

• Event PA Hire
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2012, 02:07:47 PM »

if you've already got the clients that need the big rig then by all means go for it. Otherwise I urge you to think about getting some smaller more versatile systems and invest your money into other aspects of your business plan.

Brian makes a very valid point.   Our full range E series boxes go out much more frequently and earn us more money than the Q does, and the depreciation cost on the Q is obviously a lot more than the E.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2012, 02:07:47 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 22 queries.