ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mac OS 10.8 Mountain Lion and Yamaha Studio Manager  (Read 4669 times)

Collin Donohue

Mac OS 10.8 Mountain Lion and Yamaha Studio Manager
« on: August 16, 2012, 12:09:10 PM »

I'm well aware that Yamaha is advising people to hold off on upgrading to 10.8 due to possible incompatibilities.  But has anyone successfully used YSM with either the M7 or LS9 Editors running OS 10.8?

Not asking for critical usage details or anything... just wondering if anyone has gotten it to work at all.  I'm not able to get our M7 or LS9 to sync with my computer, but I'm having the feeling that something may be wrong with my ethernet port on my laptop (other little issues here and there).

I've hooked them up directly with crossover cables (tried 2 cables) and through a switch with no luck.

Thanks!

Geri O'Neil

Re: Mac OS 10.8 Mountain Lion and Yamaha Studio Manager
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2012, 05:20:45 PM »

Actually, you're a little late to the party..,it's all good...

The second thing I tried after the Mountain Lion upgrade (And after I tried Smaart 7, which worked fine) was Studio Manager and the M7CL, PM5D, and LS9 programs, as well as the CL Editor and the Yamaha File Converter.

Everything worked perfectly.

A few days later, the Yamaha Mountain Lion update compatibility page changed. Everything listed went from "Testing" to "Compatible". I could've told them that.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

So yer good to go, at least as best as I can tell.

Geri O

Collin Donohue

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2012, 05:25:03 PM »

A few days later, the Yamaha Mountain Lion update compatibility page changed. Everything listed went from "Testing" to "Compatible".

http://www.yamahaproaudio.com/global/en/downloads/firmware_software/compatibility/compatiblity_osx.jsp

Checking it now, and still says "Testing"... weird!

Thanks for the input though!

Geri O'Neil

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2012, 06:17:37 PM »

http://www.yamahaproaudio.com/global/en/downloads/firmware_software/compatibility/compatiblity_osx.jsp

Checking it now, and still says "Testing"... weird!

Thanks for the input though!

WOW, pass the crow! I swear, it was all "compatible" last week. Perhaps something popped up...

I feel pretty good about the stuff of mine that I've checked, though.

Geri O

Steven Leonard

• Sands Productions
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2012, 02:35:38 PM »

Yamaha's website still says the 01v96 V2 Editor is not compatible with Mountain Lion.... Whats up with that?

Anyone have any ideas why they would make everything BUT the 01v96 V2 Editor compatible??? Any insider info?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 02:41:01 PM by Steven Leonard »

Mark McFarlane

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2012, 10:55:14 PM »

Yamaha's website still says the 01v96 V2 Editor is not compatible with Mountain Lion.... Whats up with that?

Anyone have any ideas why they would make everything BUT the 01v96 V2 Editor compatible??? Any insider info?

Thanks!

I did a festival yesterday with ML 10.8.2 and the 01V96v2 editor (and running Stereoscope remote iPad control simultaneously), it worked perfectly fine for me.  I've probably used it 6 or 7 times in the last month without  a hitch but yesterday was a 'real workout'.
Mark McFarlane

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2012, 10:55:14 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 25 queries.