ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Crown Itech 8000 for Home Theater  (Read 4074 times)

Luis Castro

Crown Itech 8000 for Home Theater
« on: November 10, 2012, 02:33:33 PM »

I have (2) Itech 8000 running on a 240 volt line in my home theater and was wondering what settings I should have on the amp to run 4 subs ( one on each channel).  I'm not sure about all the menu options.  The subs can handle 4000 watts each into 4 ohms.  I have an onkyo 876 receiver in the chain.

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
Re: Crown Itech 8000 for Home Theater
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2012, 03:56:01 PM »

I have (2) Itech 8000 running on a 240 volt line in my home theater and was wondering what settings I should have on the amp to run 4 subs ( one on each channel).  I'm not sure about all the menu options.  The subs can handle 4000 watts each into 4 ohms.  I have an onkyo 876 receiver in the chain.
Knowing the real specs on the subs would be a start.

Model numbers would be a good start.  You say they are rated at 4000 watts.  Is that continuous-program or peak power?

What is the REAL low freq response of the cabinets?

You can't get any settings-until you know what the "numbers" are supposed to match up to.
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Luis Castro

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2012, 05:52:47 PM »

Knowing the real specs on the subs would be a start.

Model numbers would be a good start.  You say they are rated at 4000 watts.  Is that continuous-program or peak power?

What is the REAL low freq response of the cabinets?

You can't get any settings-until you know what the "numbers" are supposed to match up to.

Sorry its a TC Sounds LMS ultra 5400

Here are the stats:  http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?partnumber=293-666

Most guys stick the driver in a 22" cube and apply said power to get the most out of the driver.  Here is the testing:  http://www.data-bass.com/data?page=system&id=3&mset=35

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2012, 07:34:07 PM »

Sorry its a TC Sounds LMS ultra 5400

Here are the stats:  http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?partnumber=293-666

Most guys stick the driver in a 22" cube and apply said power to get the most out of the driver.  Here is the testing:  http://www.data-bass.com/data?page=system&id=3&mset=35
So what is the actual response of the cabinets YOU have them mounted in?
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Luis Castro

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2012, 07:42:11 PM »

So what is the actual response of the cabinets YOU have them mounted in?

I do not have them mounted in the cabinets, however, the cabinets are same size as the ones shown in the link for testing, a 22" cube.

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2012, 08:10:31 PM »

I do not have them mounted in the cabinets, however, the cabinets are same size as the ones shown in the link for testing, a 22" cube.
Since they are in a sealed box, you can "possibly" apply a boost down low to improve the low freq performance.

How much depends on how loud you plan on running them.  So the high pass filters will depend on that.

There are no particular settings that you should use.

They will vary greatly on the particular situation in which they are used.  When used to the max output-then low freq performance will be less.  if you are willing to accept less output-then you can get more low freq performance.

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2012, 08:10:31 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 25 queries.