ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: JTR Noesis, anyone hear them yet?  (Read 23353 times)

Jack keaton

Re: JTR Noesis, anyone hear them yet?
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2012, 12:14:14 AM »

Do you feel that the noesis could replay qrx 212 or jbl srx 722 or 725?

Steve Hurt

• Lab Lounge
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2012, 01:48:47 AM »

Do you feel that the noesis could replay qrx 212 or jbl srx 722 or 725?

Yep.  You won't believe it when you see how small they are, but yes.

Steve Hurt

• Lab Lounge
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2012, 01:57:03 AM »

My thoughts on the Noesis boxes:

Neosis 3TX

I spent more time with this box than any other at the shootout because this was my 1st time with it and I was very interested in what JTR's new tops would sound like.

The 3TX was very impressive to me.  They look like toys next to my Triple 12X tops but they out ran them EASILY.  Extremely small size.  High output.  Excellent clarity. 

The 3TX has 2 - 10" woofers and a Hi/Mid co axial driver in a horn on top.  The horn is rotatable 60 x 40.  The 2 - 10" drivers and the port are covered with a steel mesh grille.   The horn is exposed.  The box weighs 49 pounds and measures approx 11" x 12" x 35" and it does have a pole mount. 

The coaxial mid/high driver in these speakers is a beast.  At the end of the day after the kick drum mic test, I cranked up the 3TX's till the limiters on my I-T 4000 came on and the horns did not break up at all.  There was a slight 800 hz horn bump so I pulled down 800 hz about 2 db and the horn bump smoothed out quite well.  I like these boxes and found myself plotting how to make off with them at the end of the day!

Negatives:  cost - $2199; their small size (might be seen as a negative to people who hear with their eyes); and the lack of grilles over the horns. 
I have a good idea what that horn costs and it needs a grill to be used in the places I work.  Other than that, it was quite a potent box.

Other note: The 3TX tested had cutouts for weight around the horn.  Jeff says that the production models do not have the cutouts - sides will be solid.   

Neosis 2AX

The 2AX is a nice box.  It probably would have drawn more attention if the 3TX wasn't there to overshadow it.  The 2AX is a 2 way box w/a centrally located horn, a 10" driver on either side of the horn and a full grill protecting them.  They weigh 39 lbs and measure approx 11" x 12" x 30" (and seem smaller that that when you look at them)

Since the horn is between the woofers, it needs to be pole mounted to get the horn up if you're using it for FOH.  At 39 pounds, that shouldn't be an issue and a pole mount is standard. 

The box was tight and clean sounding, good output, not as extreme as the 3TX.  The highs and mids weren't as powerful as the the 3TX, but it was equal to the Triple 12X and better than the Triple 8.

I wish I'd spent more time with the 2AX, but the 3TX took up my time.

We did briefly try the 2AX out as a floor monitor, and it was clear, got pretty loud, and had decent low end without being muddy.  At 30" long the box is a little longer than the average club level monitor, but at 1699 ea, I don't think it's aimed at club level sound guys anyway!  On bigger stages, the length shouldn't be an issue.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 01:58:50 AM by Steve Hurt »

Steve Hurt

• Lab Lounge
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2012, 02:04:40 AM »

We had three 20 amp circuits. I would have preferred 5 (one for each Itech).

During the Drum test, I ran a pair of Orbit Shifters on an IT6K and the N3TX on a IT4k and powered both amps off one 20 amp breaker  - total.
I don't recommend this at a gig, much prefer a separate circuit for each I-Tech, but we did manage to make plenty of racket on 1 circuit.

(Just realized that Jeff was responding to a question about a different venue- duohhh!)
« Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 10:46:12 AM by Steve Hurt »

Tim Padrick

• Indianapolis
    • T.P. Audio
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2012, 10:53:39 PM »

A nice box.  Needs a pinch of processing IMHO (has a bit of extra low mid and a little bite on top), but what boxes don't need some processing?

Steve Hurt

• Lab Lounge
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2012, 11:15:48 PM »

A nice box.  Needs a pinch of processing IMHO (has a bit of extra low mid and a little bite on top), but what boxes don't need some processing?

3TX or the 2 AX?

Mike Christy

• Southern Maine
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2012, 08:50:51 AM »

Steve and all, this is outstanding info, thank you for your time and effort on this, there is a lot to digest - but prelim... 3TX is sizing up to possibly being 1 box that will replace 2 in my inventory. Thx! Mike

Renard Hurtado

Re: JTR Noesis, anyone hear them yet? SRX-725 - STX835, Yorkville TX-8
« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2012, 12:17:37 PM »

Hi All,

I have been following this thread daily. A demo for me is almost impossible, or I will have to fly to the U.S.

How does the 3Tx compare to the following boxes:

JBL SRX-725
Yorkville TX-8
EAW KF-650

If I go from two SRX-725 per side to two 3TX per side, is this a side or forward step?

Any comparison to the STX-835 (about the same price)

Thanks for your great info for all of us living outside the U.S.

Renard from Curacao

Steve Hurt

• Lab Lounge
Re: JTR Noesis, anyone hear them yet? SRX-725 - STX835, Yorkville TX-8
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2012, 12:23:45 PM »

Hi All,

I have been following this thread daily. A demo for me is almost impossible, or I will have to fly to the U.S.

How does the 3Tx compare to the following boxes:

JBL SRX-725
Yorkville TX-8
EAW KF-650

If I go from two SRX-725 per side to two 3TX per side, is this a side or forward step?

Any comparison to the STX-835 (about the same price)

Thanks for your great info for all of us living outside the U.S.

Renard from Curacao

The 725/TX8/& KF650 were not at our shootout.

cliff truesdell

« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2012, 12:38:52 PM »

Thanks for posting back Steve. I've been following this and the other threads.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2012, 12:38:52 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 24 queries.