ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: JTR Noesis, anyone hear them yet?  (Read 23477 times)

John Chiara

Re: JTR Noesis, anyone hear them yet?
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2012, 10:02:53 PM »

Hi all,
I made it to the Bridgeport arts center Nov 10 to hear Jeff's new Noesis tops, along with a treat of 8 orbit shifters.  The orbit shifters were nothing short of stunning!  Initially the sound check went without tops due to a cabling issue with cabling to the amps... After a few minutes the tops came alive.  I was shocked to hear the Noesis 2ax keep up with the subs with a rich crystal clear natural sound... to the point where the space (and occupants) couldn't take more SPL.

Having the tech crew request a shutdown, Jeff took the opportunity to highlight another awesome feature, lack of weight!  Jeff handed me the Noesis cabinet... Light as a feather, floored me.  The cabinet is rock solid but light... Amazing!

I own currently own 4 Growlers and a pair of Triple 8's... Now I'm wondering when I should, or can, upgrade!

What mind of AC is required for this type setup?

cliff truesdell

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2012, 10:48:08 AM »

Thanks for the updates!

Stephen D Thomas

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2012, 04:37:47 PM »

Title sums it up, just wondering if anyone has them or has heard them. Very interesting looking design.

http://jtrspeakers.com/portable/noesis-2ax-2/

I was fortunate enough to hear the JTR speakers at a Speaker shootout in Indy. I was impressed with the Noesis 2AX (2way, angled back), Triple 12X. But was blown away by the Noesis 3TX (3way, trap) and Orbit Shifter subwoofers. I loved the clarity of the 3TX and the Orbit shifters blew away all the other subs.
The 2ax and 3tx also take up very little space. A lot of power in a small unit.
The 2ax can also be used as a wedge. I liked the angle for a singers wedge.
Very impressed with the company.

Jeff Permanian

• JTR Speakers Inc.
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2012, 06:11:58 PM »

I was fortunate enough to hear the JTR speakers at a Speaker shootout in Indy. I was impressed with the Noesis 2AX (2way, angled back), Triple 12X. But was blown away by the Noesis 3TX (3way, trap) and Orbit Shifter subwoofers. I loved the clarity of the 3TX and the Orbit shifters blew away all the other subs.
The 2ax and 3tx also take up very little space. A lot of power in a small unit.
The 2ax can also be used as a wedge. I liked the angle for a singers wedge.
Very impressed with the company.

Stephen- Thank you for your impressions. ProSoundWeb requires our full name as your screen name.

Jeff Permanian

• JTR Speakers Inc.
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2012, 06:16:26 PM »

What mind of AC is required for this type setup?
We had three 20 amp circuits. I would have preferred 5 (one for each Itech).

Renard Hurtado

« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2012, 01:31:33 PM »

Hi,

i am looking to upgrade my SRX725 system, was thinking about the Danley SH-60. How does the Noesis compare to the JBL SRX-725, soundwise and power (output) wise.

Renard from Curacao

Chip Dryden

« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2012, 08:17:25 PM »

Hi,

i am looking to upgrade my SRX725 system, was thinking about the Danley SH-60. How does the Noesis compare to the JBL SRX-725, soundwise and power (output) wise.

Renard from Curacao
I am having the same thoughts but considering the new SM80, or Noesis -These Lightweight products look interesting- Looking forward to the opinions.

Rick Alan

« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2012, 08:25:39 PM »

I am having the same thoughts but considering the new SM80, or Noesis -These Lightweight products look interesting- Looking forward to the opinions.

I am in the same boat but also considering Ramsdell LTA 10-4.

http://www.ramsdellproaudio.com/products/linearray/LTA-10-4.html

Brian Wynn

« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2012, 01:44:54 AM »

I also heard these boxes at the INDY shootout.  First impressions:
The 3 TX was by far my favorite JTR box.  In fact I would say that it was the best sounding box at the shootout.  That includes my VRX rig.
The 2AX I thought lacked in the HF
The Triple 12 I also thought lacked HF
The Orbit Shifter was for sure the loudest sub on the block that day.  I stated on a different forum that I thought it was a great DJ sub but wasn't very musical.  In other words it did the really low stuff well.  But no in your face impact that you would ask for form a kick drum.  I will also add that I would not recommend the caster's that they had on them unless you like the BUZZ BUZZ sound.

Jeff does a really good job with his products.  They look good, and sound good.  If I had any complaints with the 3TX I would say its almost to light in weight.  I could see them getting knocked over in a club or blown over my the wind easily.  You can always get out the ratchet straps though.  I also think it would benefit from a full grille and and a completely closed cabinet around the horn lens.  These opinions don't make it sound any better and it sure does that part really well.  Good job Jeff.

John Rutirasiri

« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2012, 03:44:59 AM »

Hi everyone and Happy Thanksgiving.  Newbie here, although I've been doing live sound for 20 years.

I also was at Bridgeport where I met Royal, Will Bonsu, Jeff and his latest creation the 2AX.  We didn't have much time, but my impression, like everyone else, was these boxes were amazingly light and strong.  I pounded on the cabinets with my fist and they are very well built.  The output the Noesis can muster just doesn 't make sense given the diminutive size and weight.  I have no doubt about the specs.  They are very efficient and LOUD.  He had a pair on sticks -- yes, one per side.  They kept up with EIGHT Orbit Shifters!  I kid you not.  Good grief.

At first I thought they were pseudo 3-way boxes, maybe one of the low freq drivers were crossed over differently than the other.  The sound was just really clear, TOO clear to be a 2-way.  I imagine speech intelligibility would be great. I don't miss the "in your face" sound from traditional 2-way horn loaded cabs from likes of JBL or EV.  The Noesis were smooth AND loud without sizzling the ears.  Very impressive.  Reminded me a lot of the EAW EP3 I had.  Very clear midrange and good throw to boot.

A week later I got an a nice listening session with the 2AX over at Jeff's shop.

I brought over some CDs and Jeff played Norah Jones on SACD through the Noesis.  No fancy mixer, preamp, or amp...just an Onkyo receiver feeding Crown Xt if I remember correctly.  You have to upgrade your amps, Jeff.

It was hard to believe I was listening to a PA speaker and not some audiophile home stereo speakers.  I should change that thinking, because playing Norah Jones on SACD, these 2-way boxes blew me away.  So meticulous and warm sounding.  Really warm sounding -- female vocals sound like they're in front of you.   Good transient, excellent dispersion, crystalline highs.  FWIW, I have two pretty decent home stereo systems:  one uses an NHT Xd and the other Gallo Reference 3.5 speakers.  The sound of the Noesis really resembles my NHT Xd.  Mind you, the Xd is a DSP system...it runs on DEQX and PowerPhysics.  The Noesis Jeff demoed was not even EQ'd!  No Driverack, Audessey, nothing!  I can only imagine how good they would sound when given time to EQ. Or maybe there is not really a need to EQ, because they already sound great.

So what does it sound like?  It sounds like a high-end home stereo speaker -- refined, effortless, intimate.  Very wide sound stage (really no sweet spot.)  Except it's so efficient being a pro audio speaker that it can go where no home stereo speakers can, like in the 130dB range.

I told Jeff that these would also make killer wedges.  If Jeff could market these right, a lot of heads would turn in the live sound world.  Yes they can be awesome home theater and home stereo speakers.  Yes they can be DJ speakers.  I think they would be right at home for live sound.

I can't wait to hear his 3-way Noesis.  Then I hope to be able to do a comparison with my SLS ribbons.  I'm afraid though.

Cheers,
JR

« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 03:53:10 AM by John Rutirasiri »
ClearImpact Sound & Event Services, Inc.
Sound/Lighting/Corporate A/V

"If it ain't broke, make it better."

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2012, 03:44:59 AM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 24 queries.