ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: JTR Noesis, anyone hear them yet?  (Read 23363 times)

cliff truesdell

JTR Noesis, anyone hear them yet?
« on: October 30, 2012, 02:20:06 AM »

Title sums it up, just wondering if anyone has them or has heard them. Very interesting looking design.

http://jtrspeakers.com/portable/noesis-2ax-2/

Jeff Permanian

• JTR Speakers Inc.
Re: JTR Noesis, anyone hear them yet?
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2012, 10:40:34 AM »

Title sums it up, just wondering if anyone has them or has heard them. Very interesting looking design.

http://jtrspeakers.com/portable/noesis-2ax-2/

There are two Noesis 2AX (2-way, angled back for foh or monitor) that have been out in the field being beta tested for the last 12 weeks. They have been driven off an Itech 8000, limiting set at 800w, rms and 179V peak.

Harley Osterlund currently has the beta test pair.  John Halliburton willl have a pair for a few weeks. I'll have a pair at an event in the Chicago area Nov 10th. There will also be a pair at the Indianapolis speaker shootout that Steve Hurt is hosting on Nov 19th.

There is also the Noesis 3TX (3-way, arrayable trap) that is uses a large horn with a coaxial compression driver that has horn loading down to 400hz.

The idea behind the Noesis 2AX and 3TX is to achieve the highest quality, greatest output with the least amount of weight. The dual 10" woofers of the Noesis 3TX and 2AX have similar cone area to a 15" however have the power handling of a driver with a 5" voicecoil and are 100db/1watt sensitive plus only weigh 14lbs.

There are pictures and more information on JTR's forum (JTR's home page, half way down on the right).
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 12:29:03 PM by Jeff Permanian »

John Halliburton

• Still has hair and white pointy beard...
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2012, 01:01:10 PM »

There are two Noesis 2AX (2-way, angled back for foh or monitor) that have been out in the field being beta tested for the last 12 weeks. They have been driven off an Itech 8000, limiting set at 800w, rms and 179V peak.

Harley Osterlund currently has the beta test pair.  John Halliburton willl have a pair for a few weeks. I'll have a pair at an event in the Chicago area Nov 10th. There will also be a pair at the Indianapolis speaker shootout that Steve Hurt is hosting on Nov 19th.

There is also the Noesis 3TX (3-way, arrayable trap) that is uses a large horn with a coaxial compression driver that has horn loading down to 400hz.

The idea behind the Noesis 2AX and 3TX is to achieve the highest quality, greatest output with the least amount of weight. The dual 10" woofers of the Noesis 3TX and 2AX have similar cone area to a 15" however have the power handling of a driver with a 5" voicecoil and are 100db/1watt sensitive plus only weigh 14lbs.

There are pictures and more information on JTR's forum (JTR's home page, half way down on the right).

No loud rock shows, but if anyone is interested, I will be using them tomorrow night, and on the 10th on the north side of Chicago, and maybe on the 7th and 15th at a smaller pub on the northside, If I can figure out temporary placement on stands. 

My initial take is that the 2ax is a killer for weekend warriors and small gigs-lightweight, quality sound, and really efficient.  On poles above small subs, a very nice package.
The 3tx, even more so, just a bit heavier.

Best regards,

John

Mike Christy

• Southern Maine
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2012, 01:08:54 PM »

Im serioulsy thinking about the 3tx as QRx upgrade. Need to hear and see plots first. Worried somewhat about the exposed HF coax driver and mechanical damage.

John, will be very interested in the comprison betwen the 2tx and triple-8, discounting the different HF pattern of course - Thx

Mike

Jeff Permanian

• JTR Speakers Inc.
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2012, 01:13:46 PM »

No loud rock shows, but if anyone is interested, I will be using them tomorrow night, and on the 10th on the north side of Chicago, and maybe on the 7th and 15th at a smaller pub on the northside, If I can figure out temporary placement on stands. 

My initial take is that the 2ax is a killer for weekend warriors and small gigs-lightweight, quality sound, and really efficient.  On poles above small subs, a very nice package.
The 3tx, even more so, just a bit heavier.

Best regards,

John

I think you might be under estimating these a bit. Harley is doing +1000 people gigs all the time with just a pair of Noesis 2AX and the gig I'll be in Chicago for on the 10th is a +1500 person.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 04:32:31 PM by Jeff Permanian »

Jeff Permanian

• JTR Speakers Inc.
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2012, 01:15:44 PM »

Im serioulsy thinking about the 3tx as QRx upgrade. Need to hear and see plots first. Worried somewhat about the exposed HF coax driver and mechanical damage.

John, will be very interested in the comprison betwen the 2tx and triple-8, discounting the different HF pattern of course - Thx

Mike

I've decided not to expose the coaxial and I'm meeting with my cabinet shop tomorrow to finallize the changes. I'll have pictures in the next couple weeks.

John Halliburton

• Still has hair and white pointy beard...
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2012, 01:20:50 PM »

I think you might be under estimating these a bit. Harley is doing +1000 people gigs all the time with just a pair of Noesis 2AX and gig I'll be in Chicago for on the 10th is a +1500 person gig.

Mike,

I've not any T8's of my own, and the last time I heard a pair was probably six months ago, so it'll be hard making comparisons. 

Jeff,

No doubt about possibly underestimating them-tomorrow's event will be in the 640 seat auditorium that I've covered with my Danley designed Triks for years.  I know they're not the most efficient of his designs, but we both know they are very good sounding.  I rarely find myself lacking in level for the events I do there, so I'll be looking for increases in headroom, coverage around the edges, overall sound quality, etc.

Best regards,

John

Jeff Permanian

• JTR Speakers Inc.
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2012, 02:07:57 PM »

Here is the thread for the shootout where the Noesis will be:
http://forums.prosoundweb.com/index.php/topic,140751.0.html

paul bell

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2012, 09:26:38 PM »

Hey Jeff!

Nice to see you've got a nice line of stuff there!

royaljenner

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2012, 09:59:34 PM »

Hi all,
I made it to the Bridgeport arts center Nov 10 to hear Jeff's new Noesis tops, along with a treat of 8 orbit shifters.  The orbit shifters were nothing short of stunning!  Initially the sound check went without tops due to a cabling issue with cabling to the amps... After a few minutes the tops came alive.  I was shocked to hear the Noesis 2ax keep up with the subs with a rich crystal clear natural sound... to the point where the space (and occupants) couldn't take more SPL.

Having the tech crew request a shutdown, Jeff took the opportunity to highlight another awesome feature, lack of weight!  Jeff handed me the Noesis cabinet... Light as a feather, floored me.  The cabinet is rock solid but light... Amazing!

I own currently own 4 Growlers and a pair of Triple 8's... Now I'm wondering when I should, or can, upgrade!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2012, 09:59:34 PM »

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 24 queries.