ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: powered cabs for outside stage  (Read 8891 times)

Randall Hyde

Re: powered cabs for outside stage
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2013, 01:02:00 PM »

;)Brilliant, thanks for the photos.
Yes the jbls here are the kind of thing I was thinking of.
The prx635's which are the current version seem to be having terrible reliability issues according to what I have read though. Its is a shame as they are light enough to be pole mountable (only just by the look of them) and small enough to be transportable in my estate car (station wagon in american).

Has anyone got any other suggestions particularly at this price point or below especially
boxes the same size or smaller than the jbl's to be hi-passed at about 100/150hz in this case?

After we fixed the problem with the midrange horns resonanting, the PRX 635s we've got have worked admirably. No thermal issues at all and they sound pretty good.  And they are pole mountable, but you want some "not lightweight" stands for these guys.

One problem I have with the PRX 635 is the 90 degree coverage pattern. I believe the KW 153 cabs have a 75 degree (or thereabouts) pattern and will throw a little farther. So the choice probably depends one whether you need deep or wide.
Cheers,
Randy Hyde

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2013, 01:37:54 PM »

Were it me in your situation, I would probably buy something that I know I could use in a multitude of events, instead of this one show. That means a basic, 2-way, monitor angle, pole mountable, utility box. At this point in time I'd look at the Yamaha DSR112 on the low end, Turbo Milan m15 for a midrange option, or something like Meyer UPA or L'Acoustics 112P for the high end.

Buy at least 4 of these cabs and stick 2 by the stage and 2 more 50 feet out as delays. Now you have this gig covered, plus a meeting hall, extra monitor package, outfills, centerfills, ribbon cutting ceremonies, breakout rooms, cry rooms, etc, etc, etc....
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

Jared Koopman

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2013, 01:50:18 PM »

Were it me in your situation, I would probably buy something that I know I could use in a multitude of events, instead of this one show. That means a basic, 2-way, monitor angle, pole mountable, utility box. At this point in time I'd look at the Yamaha DSR112 on the low end, Turbo Milan m15 for a midrange option, or something like Meyer UPA or L'Acoustics 112P for the high end.

Buy at least 4 of these cabs and stick 2 by the stage and 2 more 50 feet out as delays. Now you have this gig covered, plus a meeting hall, extra monitor package, outfills, centerfills, ribbon cutting ceremonies, breakout rooms, cry rooms, etc, etc, etc....

The new RCF TT5A/TT2A/TT1A look interesting to me as well. Curious how they sound. http://www.rcf.it/en_US/products/touring-and-theatre/tt5-a

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2013, 01:50:18 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 26 queries.