ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: Danley SM80 - Demo Location(s)  (Read 9782 times)

Josh Oswald

Danley SM80 - Demo Location(s)
« on: October 29, 2012, 02:53:42 PM »

Hi Ladies/Gents,

I'll have a pair of Danley SM80's over the next few weeks in a couple of locations around the Southeast.

November 4th - I'll be demoing them for a church in Lakeland Florida. Basic contemporary worship band with drums, bass, couple of electric guitars, acoustic guitar, and a few vocalists. Their normal system consists of 2 U15p's over 2 LS1208's per side. For the demo, I'll be replacing the pair of U15p's with one SM80 per side.

Week of November 5th - 9th - They'll be in Montgomery Alabama.

If you'd like to come by and hear/see the cab in either of the two locations, text or call.

Thanks,
Josh
334-549-6438

Rick Alan

Re: Danley SM80 - Demo Location(s)
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2012, 10:19:14 PM »

So how did it go.

Hi Ladies/Gents,

I'll have a pair of Danley SM80's over the next few weeks in a couple of locations around the Southeast.

November 4th - I'll be demoing them for a church in Lakeland Florida. Basic contemporary worship band with drums, bass, couple of electric guitars, acoustic guitar, and a few vocalists. Their normal system consists of 2 U15p's over 2 LS1208's per side. For the demo, I'll be replacing the pair of U15p's with one SM80 per side.

Week of November 5th - 9th - They'll be in Montgomery Alabama.

If you'd like to come by and hear/see the cab in either of the two locations, text or call.

Thanks,
Josh
334-549-6438

Chip Dryden

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2012, 07:41:26 AM »

So how did it go.

Please share your opinions!

Renard Hurtado

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2013, 07:27:25 PM »

Hi,

Please share your experience with us regarding your comparison between the U15P`s and the Danley Sm80

Regards,

Renard from Curacao

Rick Powell

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2013, 04:16:34 PM »

I'll have a pair of SM80's up at Shakers Lounge, Stevenson Road (just north of the IL 23/I-80 interchange) in Ottawa, IL this Friday (2/8/13) for the band Shinebox, if anyone is interested.  TH115's on the low end.  Free admission.

Jerry Smith

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2013, 01:51:56 AM »

I'll have a pair of SM80's up at Shakers Lounge, Stevenson Road (just north of the IL 23/I-80 interchange) in Ottawa, IL this Friday (2/8/13) for the band Shinebox, if anyone is interested.  TH115's on the low end.  Free admission.
Finally something in my neck of the woods.  I'm in the Quad Cities so will certainly do my best to make it out there.  What is show start and stop times?

John Halliburton

• Still has hair and white pointy beard...
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2013, 02:36:14 PM »

Tempting, if a bit of a drive for a pub gig.

Take pictures!

Best regards,

John

Gary Weller

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2013, 03:43:58 PM »

Finally something in my neck of the woods.  I'm in the Quad Cities so will certainly do my best to make it out there.  What is show start and stop times?

Caution Jerry: Listening to Danley can cause an expensive case of GAS !

Jerry Smith

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2013, 03:47:12 PM »

Caution Jerry: Listening to Danley can cause an expensive case of GAS !
Yeah, been looking at this stuff for about 2 years now, but would really like to hear it first hand so I can *really* start to obsess about it! :)

Rick Powell

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2013, 10:15:30 PM »

Yeah, been looking at this stuff for about 2 years now, but would really like to hear it first hand so I can *really* start to obsess about it! :)

They should go on about 9:00 or 9:30 pm and do 3 sets, ending about 1:30 am or so.

http://www.shakersottawa.com

My own band will be there March 16, Saturday of St. Pattys weekend.

Jerry Smith

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2013, 11:20:30 PM »

Argh.... Not going to be able to make it out there after all

:(

Chip Dryden

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2013, 05:47:42 PM »

So did anyone make it? What was the opinion on the SM80's

Rick Powell

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2013, 01:43:20 AM »

So did anyone make it? What was the opinion on the SM80's

Chip, no LABsters showed up that I know of.  Second chance, same system, same place, 3 weeks from Saturday on 3/16/13.  I actually got to hear the system from out front this time.  Sounded good, but the singer had one of those TC Helicon boxes hooked up to his mic the whole time so that he could control his own "palate of effects", and the gain was really touchy and the settings kind of muddy.  The thing shrieked every once in awhile and I didn't really dig it at all, but we got it under control after the 1st set.

Chip Dryden

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2013, 07:25:27 AM »

Chip, no LABsters showed up that I know of.  Second chance, same system, same place, 3 weeks from Saturday on 3/16/13.  I actually got to hear the system from out front this time.  Sounded good, but the singer had one of those TC Helicon boxes hooked up to his mic the whole time so that he could control his own "palate of effects", and the gain was really touchy and the settings kind of muddy.  The thing shrieked every once in awhile and I didn't really dig it at all, but we got it under control after the 1st set.

Ahhh, Singers with their own stomp boxes, don't you just love it! I think I'll just order a pair and do my own demo-LOL, wish I could get the time to fly out there in March.

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2013, 07:39:08 AM »

C  Sounded good, but the singer had one of those TC Helicon boxes hooked up to his mic the whole time so that he could control his own "palate of effects", and the gain was really touchy and the settings kind of muddy.  The thing shrieked every once in awhile and I didn't really dig it at all, but we got it under control after the 1st set.

I have worked a couple of times with guys with those.  IT ALWAYS SUCKED!  WHY do they think those "sounds" sound good?  Bad is NOT better------------------------------------

Just bypass the stupid thing-but NOOOOOO-it is "their" sound.
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Scott Wagner

• Richmond, VA
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2013, 08:34:47 AM »

I have worked a couple of times with guys with those.  IT ALWAYS SUCKED!  WHY do they think those "sounds" sound good?  Bad is NOT better------------------------------------

Just bypass the stupid thing-but NOOOOOO-it is "their" sound.
The only time I've seen/heard one that didn't suck was Perry Farrell.  The rest?  Varying degrees of hell.
Scott Wagner
Big Nickel Audio

John Chiara

« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2013, 01:56:44 PM »

The only time I've seen/heard one that didn't suck was Perry Farrell.  The rest?  Varying degrees of hell.

I thought we were talking about singers?...:)

kendallhadden

• Kindred Spirit Ministry
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2013, 02:39:51 PM »

Has there been any reviews written? 

Chip Dryden

« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2013, 01:42:13 PM »

Has there been any reviews written?
I think Rick is the only owner/reviewer to post here. I too wish to hear more since I am considering the SM80 or another Danley model to match up with my TH118's. Everytime I think to pick up the phone to call Danley for some advise, it's late in the day after buisness hours. There are a few you tubes and a few facebook posts.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2013, 01:42:13 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 24 queries.