ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Danley Jericho for large scale concert  (Read 29525 times)

John Halliburton

• Still has hair and white pointy beard...
Danley Jericho for large scale concert
« on: October 23, 2012, 09:06:01 PM »

I've been wanting/suggesting that someone should do this since I first heard about the Jericho.

Labor savings, less truck needs, great sound...and articulation at distance, along with almost no degradation due to wind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkrZplo9xgM&feature=youtu.be

Best regards,

John

paul bell

Re: Danley Jericho for large scale concert
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2012, 09:50:33 PM »

I can't wait to hear these things. The spec sheet says it'll do 148db continuous. It also says " sensitivity
band dependent". Are there graphs for it available? Does it operate without subs?

John Halliburton

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2012, 10:14:10 PM »

I can't wait to hear these things. The spec sheet says it'll do 148db continuous. It also says " sensitivity
band dependent". Are there graphs for it available? Does it operate without subs?

Hopefully Ivan or Tom will answer-I do know with six 18" drivers horn loaded as part of the whole cabinet design, they do very well on their own.  I suspect for rock concerts, extra subs would be desired. 

After seeing that video for the first time, just the advantage of full bandwidth directivety vs. the sheer number of mics on that orchestra is just impressive.

Rolling a pair of those off a truck compared to a couple of dozen line array cabinets(and the time to link those all up at the correct settings from the prediction software for the venue) just makes a ton more sense/cents to me.

Best regards,

John

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2012, 10:19:17 PM »

For those wishing a quick peek at the specs:

http://www.danleysoundlabs.com/products/loud-speakers/jericho/jh-90/

At 720 lbs/cabinet I'd want to be able to back the truck right up under the lifts.
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

John Halliburton

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2012, 10:33:23 PM »

For those wishing a quick peek at the specs:

http://www.danleysoundlabs.com/products/loud-speakers/jericho/jh-90/

At 720 lbs/cabinet I'd want to be able to back the truck right up under the lifts.

Not impossible though.  We've got four Vertec on a fly frame flipped over on a heavy duty dolly that is close to 600lbs.  Rolls right off the truck on a ramp to stage wings.

Best regards,

John

Ed Walters

• Holland, MI, USA
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2012, 10:56:51 PM »

Not impossible though.  We've got four Vertec on a fly frame flipped over on a heavy duty dolly that is close to 600lbs.  Rolls right off the truck on a ramp to stage wings.

Best regards,

John

720 pounds is not all that unreasonable.  How much does a vDOSC weigh? How much did a kf850 weigh?  Or for that matter, a kf550? I used to load those in and out of a van (not a truck, no gate or ramp) by myself, alone. Hell, with a band, we carried them up two flights of stairs, and back down. So with  a crew, and a proper dolly, the only thing intimidating about them is their cost....

Ed Walters
The Solution LLC: certified: AMX, Audio Architect, Composer, ControlSpace, CTS, DanteL3/DDM, Tesira, and more.

paul bell

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2012, 11:02:16 PM »

I've moved around a few McCauley 421 subs. 500lbs each, not so bad.

brian maddox

• HeyYahWon! ttsss! ttsss!
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2012, 11:21:57 PM »

our mic stand case weighed 1600 pounds in a 45 X 30.  700 and change is nothing...
"It feels wrong to be in the audience.  And it's too peopley!" - Steve Smith

brian maddox
[email protected]
Savannah, GA

'...do not trifle with the affairs of dragons...

....for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup...'

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2012, 01:11:07 AM »

The Jwhatever they had at WFX sounded great by itself, and would be usable for classical or jazz standalone. It would not work for modern stuff without a sub though.

When they paired it with the TH812 they brought, now THAT was a proper PA! I would love to have a pair of each for my shows.
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2012, 08:07:33 AM »

Hopefully Ivan or Tom will answer-I do know with six 18" drivers horn loaded as part of the whole cabinet design, they do very well on their own.  I suspect for rock concerts, extra subs would be desired. 

The use of subs has the old question of "how low do you REALLY need to go?"

I have done outdoor concerts with the J1's with no subs.  The "heaviest" gig had a 80's cover metal band.  We used just a single J1 per side-no subs.  We used 2 lab gruppen 10K amps per cabinet.  The lows were a bit underpowered with those amps-but it works well-even outdoors.

There was nothing lacking from the sound.  Plenty of pounding kick. 

Heck- I could have done just about any of the metal gigs I did (back in the day-the actual 80's metal) with those cabinets and been just fine-actually very good :).

Yes there are 6 high power 18" drivers in each cabinet-but they are also loaded on a large horn.  The low freq output can be quite stunning.

I would argue that most types of music would be fine if you had cabinets that were truly flat to 45Hz.

The idea that you "automatically need" subs-is based on the fact that few cabinets (many subs included) are already rolling off by 45Hz (despite what the specs say).

Without sounding "salesmanish", without a doubt I feel the J1 is Danleys most "fun" cabinet.  Whatever the "it" is-in terms of slam-punch-impact (you get the idea) the J1 has "it".

Truly a fun cabinet to listen to-mix on etc.  Huge dynamic range is a truly fun thing.  Just turn it up and go.
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2012, 08:07:33 AM »

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 24 queries.