ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Void mains and rental subs?  (Read 3240 times)

Alexander Bustos

Void mains and rental subs?
« on: October 23, 2012, 02:15:41 AM »

Im installing a night club in mexico city this week and the recommend subs for a pair of Air Motion Void Horns are not going to be there in time for the grand opening... i need suggestions on what bass rig could you would rent out to match the Void rig that would be cheap and what amps to drive them.....:) they need to be a good rig that goes up to 165hz without sounding like shit ! hahahah . SUGs?

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
Re: Void mains and rental subs?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2012, 11:22:07 AM »

Im installing a night club in mexico city this week and the recommend subs for a pair of Air Motion Void Horns are not going to be there in time for the grand opening... i need suggestions on what bass rig could you would rent out to match the Void rig that would be cheap and what amps to drive them.....:) they need to be a good rig that goes up to 165hz without sounding like shit ! hahahah . SUGs?

Any good double 18 would be able to do that. You should be able to find piles of SRX728's for cheap money.
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2012, 01:35:12 PM »

Having an idea of what is available would be good start.

it doesn't matter what anybody suggests-if it is not available.

Let's see-you want "good".  You also want cheap (for a new club-is that the impression you want to leave with them?).

Amp choice would also need to be what is available and for whatever subs you end up with.

Lot's of unknowns here I think.
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Matt Long

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2012, 02:13:17 PM »

Any good double 18 would be able to do that. You should be able to find piles of SRX728's for cheap money.
Ivan and Tim are both right (as usual). I imagine that Tom's suggestion will work well. I would put 4 JBL SRX center clustered if I could given the space. The 728 or the older 4719X(or A) both work and the probability is very high that in Mexico City there are many of them to be had.
I hope everything is working out for you. Let us know how it goes. There is a night club here in SF that got the void air horn thingies, and people like it.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2012, 02:13:17 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 21 queries.