ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Any reviews of the new JBL PRX400 series?  (Read 43687 times)

Samuel Rees

• Washington, D.C.
Any reviews of the new JBL PRX400 series?
« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2013, 09:14:15 AM »

You could also use some kind of processing. I wonder what tunings jbl has out there, I imagine there are driverack presets...

Tom Burgess

Re: Any reviews of the new JBL PRX400 series?
« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2013, 06:19:51 PM »

You could also use some kind of processing. I wonder what tunings jbl has out there, I imagine there are driverack presets...
Last I looked there were XTi2 files for the PRX4XX stuff.  May be different now, though.
If the band sounds great, it's because the band IS great, if the band sound like crap, it's the soundman's fault.

Opinions expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily those of the company for which I work.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2013, 10:55:02 PM »

Last I looked there were XTi2 files for the PRX4XX stuff.  May be different now, though.

Not that I see in SA 3.4...
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Tom Burgess

« Reply #43 on: February 09, 2013, 08:19:25 AM »

Not that I see in SA 3.4...
Scroll down this page....

http://www.jblpro.com/catalog/general/technicallibrary.aspx?CatID=18&Run=1

I'm a little surprised that they haven't updated at least the PA+ files for the unpowered PRX boxes.  They've obviously got the tunings together, surely those updates are coming in the not too distant future.

edit - iPad auto-spell got me... or maybe it was our 3 yr. old.   :)
« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 10:36:19 AM by Tom Burgess »
If the band sounds great, it's because the band IS great, if the band sound like crap, it's the soundman's fault.

Opinions expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily those of the company for which I work.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #44 on: February 09, 2013, 10:06:45 AM »

Scroll down this page....

http://www.jblpro.com/catalog/general/technicallibrary.aspx?CatID=18&Run=1

I'm a little surprised that they haven't updated at least the PA+ files for the unpowered PRX boxes.  That've obviously got the tunings together, surely those updates are coming in the not too distant future.

That's why I phrased my reply the way I did... someone simply downloading SA will not find those tunings.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Mike Stewart

« Reply #45 on: May 27, 2013, 11:57:56 PM »

Ok, a couple of quick pictures to address the feet (I know, not audiophile stuff, but important if you're a gigging band and hauling these speakers around). 
In summary,
1.) I made some feet extenders (which increased the foot height from nearly nothing to 5/8") and
2.) I moved one of the rear feet to the side edge. 
Recall that these things only have one handle - and it's on the opposite side of the newly located rear foot.  In the unmodified state, grabbing the handle with any upward force tilts the cabinet so the rear-side corner (where the foot now resides) immediately hits the ground.  Surely any used versions of these down the road are likely to have significant damage to the cabinet bottoms and to that corner in particular. 
No progress on the other issues I listed previously and I'm actually liking these speakers quite a lot. Glad I got them.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #45 on: May 27, 2013, 11:57:56 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 24 queries.