ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 35   Go Down

Author Topic: Midas Pro Series Console Questions  (Read 254511 times)

peter dakin

Re: Midas Pro Series Console Questions
« Reply #190 on: May 01, 2013, 10:20:22 AM »

Dear Midas people: when will there be an editor available for PCs?

I spent some time getting to know a Pro2 and I really like the basic idea. But with a system as complex as a desk in that range is, it absolutely makes no sense trying to work with it if there is no editor.
As the MacOS is a closed universe there is no real chance to virtualize or emulate it, so I'm hoping Midas is giving us a PC version soon (be it linux or windows...).

(and please: this is not about discussing operating systems)
From what I heard, no time soon.

Rob Hughes

• Cadac home page
« Reply #191 on: May 02, 2013, 09:12:02 AM »

Am I missing something, but where is the preset load/save buttons on the Group assignment page?  ???

I changed the layout of my faders and so I need to change the VCA/POP group assignments, but it looks like I have to do that for every scene!  :(

What I'd like to do instead, is to make my changes once and save a preset, then recall that preset once for each scene.

If I can't do this, could you please add it to your list of possible enhancements?

Thanks,
Scott

Hi Scott,

You are correct in that unfortunately it is not possible to change the POP/VCA assignments globally, or to save a preset of their members. Obviously we are continually revising software versions and both adding new features and improving workflow, so this is something that we will look into with our R&D team.
Rob Hughes
UK Sales Manager
Cadac

Rob Hughes

• Cadac home page
« Reply #192 on: May 02, 2013, 10:38:20 AM »

Dear Midas people: when will there be an editor available for PCs?

I spent some time getting to know a Pro2 and I really like the basic idea. But with a system as complex as a desk in that range is, it absolutely makes no sense trying to work with it if there is no editor.
As the MacOS is a closed universe there is no real chance to virtualize or emulate it, so I'm hoping Midas is giving us a PC version soon (be it linux or windows...).

(and please: this is not about discussing operating systems)

Hi Christian,

Unfortunately this is unlikely to happen, as we originally tried to create an offline editor for a PC, but it proved almost impossible to make it work properly on Windows machines. The actual offline editor is actually running something close to the console software, which runs easily within the Unix software on a Mac, hence why the offline editor is Mac only.
Rob Hughes
UK Sales Manager
Cadac

Christian Güssmer

• www.guessmer.de
« Reply #193 on: May 02, 2013, 03:54:15 PM »

Unfortunately this is unlikely to happen, as we originally tried to create an offline editor for a PC, but it proved almost impossible to make it work properly on Windows machines. The actual offline editor is actually running something close to the console software, which runs easily within the Unix software on a Mac, hence why the offline editor is Mac only.

If it is close to the console software, why not release a Linux version? Any Windows (and Mac) user can run a VirtualBox or start a LiveCD, which is not possible with MacOS.
Unfortunately there are 2 companies around here discussing investments and the Pro2 is really interesting, but without a working editor...

Rob Hughes

• Cadac home page
« Reply #194 on: May 02, 2013, 06:25:29 PM »

If it is close to the console software, why not release a Linux version? Any Windows (and Mac) user can run a VirtualBox or start a LiveCD, which is not possible with MacOS.
Unfortunately there are 2 companies around here discussing investments and the Pro2 is really interesting, but without a working editor...

Hi Christian,

Firstly, it is not entirely correct to say we do not have a working editor, as we do, it is just Mac OS only.

I cannot comment on the more technical reasons on the exact details as to whether we can ever release a Linux version, as I am not a programmer or an R&D engineer, so I can only really communicate what I am told. However, I know one of the main issues is consistency of hardware and our ability to facilitate thorough testing.
However, I will bring this up in the next meeting I have with the software guys and get their thought on the matter, and let you know.
Rob Hughes
UK Sales Manager
Cadac

Steve Payne

• Soundworks of Virginia, Inc.
« Reply #195 on: May 03, 2013, 09:18:08 AM »

Really?  A little "reverse discrimination", or, "the shoe is on the other foot" kind of thing?  My OS of preference is Mac.  Most of the audio tools I use are Windows only control.  I get it and have no problem with whatever OS a hardware manufacturer chooses to use for whatever reasons they see fit.  I run them under emulation on an Apple product or buy a native Windows machine(s) if I want tablet control (Lake).  If a major audio tool ticks all of my boxes I could care less what software platform they run on.  Buying an appropriate (used?) computer to run the software is not a big expense or a big deal when measured against the cost of the audio tool.  My suggestion to anyone is, do not shoot yourself in the foot over software platform.  Diversify and rule the world.  Cheers.
Steve Payne
like us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/SOUNDWORKSOFVIRGINIA

Peter Morris

« Reply #196 on: May 03, 2013, 10:07:41 AM »

... Buying an appropriate (used?) computer to run the software is not a big expense or a big deal when measured against the cost of the audio tool.  My suggestion to anyone is, do not shoot yourself in the foot over software platform... 

EXACTLY!

nate d dreger

« Reply #197 on: May 03, 2013, 12:15:29 PM »

I'm a soon to be user of a pro2c and have been playing with the offline editor and can't seem to get automation to work correctly.  The problem is with selective recall.  A scene with full recall seems to work fine but if, for example, I want to only recall the fader position of channel 1 it doesn't seem to work.  I think I understand the setup but it doesn't seem to recall.  Is this a software problem on the editor? Or am I missing something?

Rob Hughes

• Cadac home page
« Reply #198 on: May 03, 2013, 12:39:34 PM »

I'm a soon to be user of a pro2c and have been playing with the offline editor and can't seem to get automation to work correctly.  The problem is with selective recall.  A scene with full recall seems to work fine but if, for example, I want to only recall the fader position of channel 1 it doesn't seem to work.  I think I understand the setup but it doesn't seem to recall.  Is this a software problem on the editor? Or am I missing something?

Hi Nate,

First, you must remember to save the recall scope into the scene before it will work. If you simply turn the scope on and then recall the scene before saving it, the scene and its scope will recall to the point at which it was last saved.
I hope that's clear.
Rob Hughes
UK Sales Manager
Cadac

nate d dreger

« Reply #199 on: May 03, 2013, 12:43:19 PM »

Hi Nate,

First, you must remember to save the recall scope into the scene before it will work. If you simply turn the scope on and then recall the scene before saving it, the scene and its scope will recall to the point at which it was last saved.
I hope that's clear.

thanks for the response Rob, I'll make sure that's the case.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #199 on: May 03, 2013, 12:43:19 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 35   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 22 queries.