ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 35   Go Down

Author Topic: Midas Pro Series Console Questions  (Read 255430 times)

Jason Kelly

• L-Acoustics
    • XTA Electronics
Re: Midas Pro Series Console Questions
« Reply #180 on: April 11, 2013, 04:42:15 AM »

Jason,

Not sure if this feature has been requested so here goes: On VENUE you can hold the Default Key and click on individual bands of EQ to flatten Gain & Q width. Midas offers all band flatten ability but individual would be great. Also the Multi-Select button on VENUE allows the user to quickly group channels and then move their faders while retaining relative level/balance between them. Also banks of 8 can be quickly selected by clicking below the bank of the screen. This would be a huge help in festival or blow and go type situations. Yes, I do realize VENUE has been a constant evolution of features and bug-fixes over the years; since I've been a huge user/supporter since day 1 I will admit all it's feature weren't available right off the bat.

Also in regards to the ability to drag/drop or insert a newly added channel: For me personally the POP Groups have changed my mindset completely in regards to console layout and setup. The first few weeks it really frustrated me until I embraced the fact that it doesn't HAVE to match the input list in terms of numerical or start-finish order. If something gets added, put it after the last channel and then assign it to the associated POP & VCA group. Even for line check I'm using POP/VCA to go through all the inputs. I never leave a POP or VCA ever. After the channel has been added migrate the channel and all it's settings in Show Editor to the rest of the scenes and your golden. Hope this gives people another perspective.....

Hi James,

Many thanks for taking the time to post and offer your perspective after using the consoles. We are continuing to work on improvements and the POP/VCA group concept is a huge part of that.

I'm happy to say that the propositions you've put forward are already on the list of possible future features. So hopefully some of them will start to filter into upcoming software updates.

Many thanks,

Jason
Jason Kelly
L-Acoustics

lukebanton

« Reply #181 on: April 15, 2013, 06:19:25 PM »

Jason, are you able to say when 2.1 will be available to download?

Brian Wynn

« Reply #182 on: April 16, 2013, 12:22:08 AM »

+1

And a list of changes..

Michael Archibald

« Reply #183 on: April 18, 2013, 07:37:40 AM »

+2

Also, I use the second set of 8 auxes as sub groups. I would like a fast way of assigning channels to these as would be possible on an analogue desk. Following the logic of the pro 2, I would have thought that holding the aux select button down and selecting channel buttons (like when assigning to pop groups or VCAs) would assign to groups, but unfortunately this doesn't work. Any chance of implementing this feature?
I realise that this would actually be toggling the on/off button for that each channel on the selected mix and it can be done elsewhere, but it's really clunky and slow.
It would aid mixing monitors. I always have all auxes for monitors turned on because it's so slow to go through and turn on the ones you need. However, this means that  there are a lot of unnecessary channels displayed when in flip mode. I'd like to see just the ones I am sending to that monitor to use as the feature was intended.

Is this something coming up in the new update maybe?

Another slight bug bear: I select a group (aux9-16), then I select eq or compression or whatever to adjust. I then want to deselect that group and go back to mixing my channels. However I can't just press the group (aux) select button to de-select it, I must first de-select the eq or compression (or whatever I was adjusting) first, and only then will de-selecting the group do as I would expect. Is this a glitch or is there a reason for it?

Sorry to go on, but, is there a reason why the gains on linked channels don't link while the phantom does? Too many visiting engineers assume gains are linked and I have to keep a check on it.

All of these things are small details to be honest, but I have to say, I really do love mixing on the Pro 2. Keep up the good work Midas!

Rob Hughes

• Cadac home page
« Reply #184 on: April 26, 2013, 10:35:25 AM »

Hi Guys,

Just thought I'd post up and introduce myself properly, as Jason has moved on to new challenges (as you may have spotted if you have noticed his new forum signature).
Anyway, I have returned to Midas as a Technical Support manager, and we have also recruited a new Technical Support manager in the form of my colleague Gert Sanner, and we look forward to trying to provide as much assistance as Jason has done so admirably in the past.
Rob Hughes
UK Sales Manager
Cadac

Árni F. Sigurðsson

• SR Forums
« Reply #185 on: April 28, 2013, 11:05:17 PM »

Nice to see you Rob. It has been really helpful to have Jason around and he has helped explain to me and others many questions that have popped up in this forum.  Having met Jason personally (and enjoyed a nice dinner when he came over to upgrade our consoles) it's sad to see such great technical support manager leaving, although I'm sure you and Gert will do a great job answering questions here and elsewhere.

Hope we get the chance to meet one day and hope that Jason enjoys his new spot at SSL.
Sound technician
Menningarfélag Akureyrar / Akureyri Culture Company
Iceland

Scott B Nelson

• Church and H.O.W. Forums
  • Saint Louis area
« Reply #186 on: April 29, 2013, 09:02:12 PM »

Am I missing something, but where is the preset load/save buttons on the Group assignment page?  ???

I changed the layout of my faders and so I need to change the VCA/POP group assignments, but it looks like I have to do that for every scene!  :(

What I'd like to do instead, is to make my changes once and save a preset, then recall that preset once for each scene.

If I can't do this, could you please add it to your list of possible enhancements?

Thanks,
Scott
Midas Heritage 1000, once in a while Yamaha LS9 or o1v

Scott B Nelson

• Church and H.O.W. Forums
  • Saint Louis area
« Reply #187 on: April 29, 2013, 09:03:47 PM »

Am I missing something, but where is the preset load/save buttons on the Group assignment page?  ???

I changed the layout of my faders and so I need to change the VCA/POP group assignments, but it looks like I have to do that for every scene!  :(

What I'd like to do instead, is to make my changes once and save a preset, then recall that preset once for each scene.

If I can't do this, could you please add it to your list of possible enhancements?

Thanks,
Scott

(the first part of that post was for anyone, the last part was for a Midas person  ;D )
Midas Heritage 1000, once in a while Yamaha LS9 or o1v

Christian Güssmer

• www.guessmer.de
« Reply #188 on: April 30, 2013, 02:58:35 PM »

Dear Midas people: when will there be an editor available for PCs?

I spent some time getting to know a Pro2 and I really like the basic idea. But with a system as complex as a desk in that range is, it absolutely makes no sense trying to work with it if there is no editor.
As the MacOS is a closed universe there is no real chance to virtualize or emulate it, so I'm hoping Midas is giving us a PC version soon (be it linux or windows...).

(and please: this is not about discussing operating systems)

Tucker Dragoo

« Reply #189 on: April 30, 2013, 04:33:52 PM »

We have a pro2c and I very much like the way it functions and the level of support I have received has been amazing! That being said here are a few features that I think would put it over the top.

User Assignable Buttons/knobs -
     1) include the foot switch 1&2 as a part of the UAB section to allow wider uses of these.
     2) Make the UABs capable of being selected channel controls such as "selected channel gain, hi pass, EQ Freq, EQ Gain, EQ Q" think soundcheck workflow where you dont need access to everything just the quick line check items.

VCA/Mute/Pop
     1) VCA Mutes as many others have stated it would be nice to be able to select a mode that would mute the physical channels not just the main output of them.
     2) The ability to paste to scenes the contents of Mute Groups the way you can many other functions.
     3) A setting to order the contents of a POP or VCA group as you selected them not by channel number. *EDIT*

Thoughts?
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 04:36:39 PM by Tucker Dragoo »

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #189 on: April 30, 2013, 04:33:52 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 35   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 23 queries.