ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 35   Go Down

Author Topic: Midas Pro Series Console Questions  (Read 254502 times)

Brian Wynn

Re: Midas Pro Series Saving
« Reply #160 on: March 24, 2013, 11:43:12 PM »

Currently the numeric values are activated via the touch sensitivity of the control surface. As the OSC controls (even on the consoles that have a physical one) aren't touch sensitive you don't get the value pop up.

I can see why, in this application, an absolute OSC value is essential. I'm not sure if technically we can have a pop up value for the OSC controls (that's a software engineers call), but we can look at adding a field underneath the OSC frequency parameter (similar to the input/output delays) where you could type in a frequency from the QWERTY keyboard and get the same end result. In many ways, because of the sensitivity and resolution of the rotary control itself, typing in a value would probably be quicker.

Thanks,

Jason

No thats the type of answer I like. Makes me feel like they care about what we want.  Thanks Jason.

Matthew Brown

• Killer Pro Audio
Re: Midas Pro Series Console Questions
« Reply #161 on: March 25, 2013, 12:33:49 AM »

I am ready to buy a Midas Pro series console but I need to wait untill I can at least control channel EQ's from an ipad.

I'm in Midas! Make it happen!

Justin Bartlett

« Reply #162 on: March 26, 2013, 10:17:46 PM »

« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 04:47:50 PM by Justin Bartlett »

Kegan Norris

« Reply #163 on: March 28, 2013, 01:18:30 AM »

Wait, you're "not sure" if it's possible to display the actual value of the OSC knob without typing it in?

Good grief.

Is the frequency display pop-up fixed in the channel parametric yet?

Justin.

On behalf of everyone who appreciates Jason's help so far, chill out.  We have the ability to ask the head of Midas/KT tech support questions and get detailed answers.  Jason obviously isn't the person designing and writing code for the product.  That was a perfectly reasonable answer.

Brian Wynn

« Reply #164 on: April 01, 2013, 11:18:48 AM »

Justin.

On behalf of everyone who appreciates Jason's help so far, chill out.  We have the ability to ask the head of Midas/KT tech support questions and get detailed answers.  Jason obviously isn't the person designing and writing code for the product.  That was a perfectly reasonable answer.

+1

Justin Bartlett

« Reply #165 on: April 01, 2013, 04:34:01 PM »

Justin.

You're right; my apologies.  My frustration turned into rudeness there for a minute.  Sorry about that.

Michael Archibald

« Reply #166 on: April 03, 2013, 04:43:51 AM »

So, the new software version has been announced!!!! Can you tell us when it will be available for download, Jason?

David Jameson

• SR Forums
« Reply #167 on: April 03, 2013, 10:33:05 AM »

And for us first time Midas users, how we go about getting the new software.

Also, is there a list of the fixes and additions for the new release?

Thanks!!!!
Jameson Productions
Anderson, SC 29625
jameson_prod at bellsouth.net

Al Burgess

• amberaudio
« Reply #168 on: April 03, 2013, 06:01:17 PM »

A couple of questions....
Is there any way to clear any/all the hardware safes without going through each channel individually?
It only seems possible to set up mute groups from the 'control groups' page, NOT on the surface ( despite what it says in the manual ) - or am I doing something wrong?
and a feature request;
'Muting' a VCA ( I know technically it's not actually a mute, but people are going to use it as if it was) doesn't trigger any kind of indication on the affected channels as to what's going on, which imo has the potential to be very confusing, especially if for example you're working in extended mode or have your VCAs hidden for some other reason. Would it be possible to implement for example a feature where the mute lights flash when they're muted from a vca? and would it be a good idea to have them work as true mutes rather than fader down?
Alan Burgess

Brian Wynn

« Reply #169 on: April 03, 2013, 06:31:08 PM »

A couple of questions....
Is there any way to clear any/all the hardware safes without going through each channel individually?
It only seems possible to set up mute groups from the 'control groups' page, NOT on the surface ( despite what it says in the manual ) - or am I doing something wrong?
and a feature request;
'Muting' a VCA ( I know technically it's not actually a mute, but people are going to use it as if it was) doesn't trigger any kind of indication on the affected channels as to what's going on, which imo has the potential to be very confusing, especially if for example you're working in extended mode or have your VCAs hidden for some other reason. Would it be possible to implement for example a feature where the mute lights flash when they're muted from a vca? and would it be a good idea to have them work as true mutes rather than fader down?

I asked this a long time ago and this is the response I received.

When muting VCA's the channel contribution mute lights should indicate a mute state some how.  Blink on stay on solid.

This is a long and twisting road, so I will try and keep this as brief as I can. Unfortunately as with all things (especially when it comes to software) there are limitations, many of which may not become apparent immediately. What I am going to try to do below is give you an insight into how a software engineer needs to look at, what would seem on the outside, a very simple function. The mute buttons are a very good case in point. Because there are really only 3 ways to show a mutes status (off/on/flashing),so it becomes very difficult to show exact information on how a channel is muted and from where. Some examples:

1)      When you ‘mute’ a channel from the channel mute you are muting all sends (pre or post) from it
2)      When you ‘mute’ a channel from a mute group you are muting all sends (pre or post) from it
3)      When you ‘mute a channel from a VCA group you are muting only post fader sends from it
4)      Mute groups can contain inputs, outputs or both
5)      VCA groups can contain inputs, outputs or both
There are more examples I can give you

As you can see there are too many states, that have different effects on the audio path, that we can display clearly and concisely on one button. For example: What happens when a channel is muted on its channel mute, but also muted within a VCA group? If you unmute the channel you would presume it would turn on (which it might for some pre fade sends), but it would still be muted by the VCA.

We will continue to look at as many functional options as we can. We would never discount doing something simply because it was hard. In the future multi-coloured mutes switches might work better than the traditional red. Things were so much easier on analogue consoles!

I figure I would save Jason the time since he already fielded this one for me previously.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #169 on: April 03, 2013, 06:31:08 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 35   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 24 queries.