ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Qbox alternative?  (Read 15526 times)

brian frost

• I.A.T.S.E. 16
    • FSOUND PRO AUDIO
Qbox alternative?
« on: September 20, 2012, 01:53:55 PM »

I'm looking for what the title states...

My last Qbox was lost/stolen on a show a few months back and I just cant bring myself to spending another $190 on another clunky brick of a Qbox.  Im tired of asking to borrow other tech's on show though.  Is there any other alternative unit available that has similar functions?

I did a forum search and found one other thread where someone was asking the same thing (among a list of other questions), but nobody ever could supply an answer.

Anyone?

Best,
Brian
FSOUND - SF BAY AREA PRO AUDIO RENTALS & STAFFING

Ade Stuart

Re: Qbox alternative?
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2012, 05:58:46 PM »

The earplug2 from http://www.bilkoenterprises.co.uk/ looks nice. I haven't seen or used it though.

My last Qbox was lost/stolen on a show a few months back and I just cant bring myself to spending another $190 on another clunky brick of a Qbox.  Im tired of asking to borrow other tech's on show though.  Is there any other alternative unit available that has similar functions?

I did a forum search and found one other thread where someone was asking the same thing (among a list of other questions), but nobody ever could supply an answer.

Anyone?

Best,
Brian

Martin Morris

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2012, 07:27:13 PM »

http://www.rdlnet.com/product.php?page=1

likewise I haven't seen or used it though.

Anyone?

Best,
Brian
Dude told me to "go back to where I came from", so I set my tent up on his front lawn ... (unnamed Indian)

Grant Conklin

• G-Force Pro Audio
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2012, 09:44:32 PM »

Could you bring yourself to spending $100 on a lightly used one?  I'd have to dig, but I know I have one somewhere. 

Dave Miller

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2012, 07:10:26 AM »

The EarPlug2 is listed at GBP250, which is over $400 at current rates. The RDL box I've seen for about $350. Both make the Q-Box look cheap!! I'm not aware of anything else that's currently available.

brian frost

• I.A.T.S.E. 16
    • FSOUND PRO AUDIO
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2012, 12:23:08 PM »

The earplug2 from http://www.bilkoenterprises.co.uk/ looks nice. I haven't seen or used it though.

wow, that looks pretty bad ass.  I actually wouldnt mind paying more for a superior product. 
FSOUND - SF BAY AREA PRO AUDIO RENTALS & STAFFING

Jim McKeveny

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2012, 10:25:11 AM »

This seems like a total LABster DIY project. What off-the-shelf chips/switches/LEDs could we stuff into an old DOD Direct Box case and make useful?

Time for winter projects!

Jordan Wolf

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2012, 11:12:33 AM »

These are awsome
http://www.ctpsystems.co.uk/dbbox.html
Rob,

Thanks for the link to that manufacturer.

It's not pertinent to this thread, but I know that some people from THIS thread were looking for a piece of kit just like this.
Jordan Wolf
<><

"We want our sound to go into the soul of the audience, and see if it can awaken some little thing in their minds... Cause there are so many sleeping people." - Jimi Hendrix

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber