ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Shure antenna distro systems  (Read 3962 times)

Jon Underwood

Shure antenna distro systems
« on: December 13, 2012, 01:49:16 PM »

Hello one and all,
     I have a client whom has a rather interesting RF set-up.  It's all Shure product, but not all the same model.  I know, I know, it was his choice.  Anywho, we installed a Shure UA844swb system for his RF mics with 2 remote antennas.  He is now wanting to add ULXD to this environment.  Can anyone tell me the major differences in the 844 and the 845?  My apologies if this is stated somewhere, I just haven't been able to find much on the subject.  Thanks.

Jon
Jon

Jordan Wolf

Re: Shure antenna distro systems
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2012, 02:55:55 PM »

Hello one and all,
     I have a client whom has a rather interesting RF set-up.  It's all Shure product, but not all the same model.  I know, I know, it was his choice.  Anywho, we installed a Shure UA844swb system for his RF mics with 2 remote antennas.  He is now wanting to add ULXD to this environment.  Can anyone tell me the major differences in the 844 and the 845?  My apologies if this is stated somewhere, I just haven't been able to find much on the subject.  Thanks.

Jon
Jon,

It looks like the UA844 is spec'd for SLX and ULX systems, while the UA845 is spec'd for UHF-R and UC4 systems.

According to this Shure tech doc, you can approach RF distribution for the ULX-D systems the same way you can for their non-digital cousins…it's all UHF RF.

For your reference, this page might also be useful.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 03:01:23 PM by Jordan Wolf »
Jordan Wolf
<><

"We want our sound to go into the soul of the audience, and see if it can awaken some little thing in their minds... Cause there are so many sleeping people." - Jimi Hendrix

Daniel Nickleski

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2012, 06:06:17 PM »

Hello one and all,

Jon

Both units can be used with any series of wireless from shure (minus the PGX). The main difference is the 5 has 5 pairs of outs giving you the ability to hook up 5 units or 4 and daisy chain into another distro. The 5 also has an IEC output to use when linking the UHFR together.

The 4 just has 4 pairs of outputs and 4 of the ULX/SLX power outputs.

Scott Helmke

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2012, 10:52:54 AM »

844 has a line-lump power supply, 845 built-in with IEC jack and pass-through.

Either will provide power for up to four ULX/SLX receivers.

Ed Walters

• Holland, MI, USA
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2012, 11:56:35 AM »

Biggest difference between these two is that the 5 costs twice as much.  A side note, I've had quite a few reliability issues with the 844's over the last six months...distribute rf fine, power not so much. Bad solder on the fuses in the power distributing part...easier to fix than send back (that is, if you can do surface mount soldering). But I shouldn't be having to do this on brand new product.

Ed
The Solution LLC: certified: AMX, Audio Architect, Composer, ControlSpace, CTS, DanteL3/DDM, Tesira, and more.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2012, 11:56:35 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 23 queries.