ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DH6-16 Compression driver in EV XI-1152/64  (Read 4384 times)

Jared Bartimus

• Normal, IL
DH6-16 Compression driver in EV XI-1152/64
« on: September 08, 2012, 07:55:40 PM »

I just purchased four EV XI-1152/64's.  I noticed, at least on this driver, that some foam going around the driver seems to be coming out of the space it is in. Is this normal and will it affect sound quality/durability at all? I haven't taken the grill off of any of the others yet to see if it is similar.

Also, how do you tell if they are set to 60Hx40V or 40Hx60V?

Jared Bartimus

• Normal, IL
Re: DH6-16 Compression driver in EV XI-1152/64
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2012, 11:04:51 AM »

I noticed, at least on this driver, that some foam going around the driver seems to be coming out of the space it is in. Is this normal and will it affect sound quality/durability at all? I haven't taken the grill off of any of the others yet to see if it is similar.

Just in case someone has the same questions as I did in the future, this is the response from EV:

"As to the foam on the compression driver – this was used to damp a resonance this driver’s nose cone created in the cabinet.  Engineering said to just try and push the foam back into the crevice and it should be fine.  If the foam is starting to break down just replace with something similar, it is not a specific foam."

Also, how do you tell if they are set to 60Hx40V or 40Hx60V?

There is a rectangle at the back of the horn, if it is vertical then the drivers are in 60x40.  Also, if the horn looks like it does on the site/EDS it is 60x40.

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: DH6-16 Compression driver in EV XI-1152/64
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2012, 11:04:51 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 23 queries.