ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: I didn't bring any seats  (Read 11106 times)

Glenn James

• Darwin, Australia
I didn't bring any seats
« on: August 31, 2012, 08:39:07 AM »

So why does everybody sit on equipment during load in? Seriously, there are more than 100 chairs in here. Fat boy, get the F*ck off my mixer. You cant be tired, you only brought in one speaker stand. Why are you even here?

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
Re: I didn't bring any seats
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2012, 12:58:09 PM »

So why does everybody sit on equipment during load in? Seriously, there are more than 100 chairs in here. Fat boy, get the F*ck off my mixer. You cant be tired, you only brought in one speaker stand. Why are you even here?
I would often sit on my cases-for the simple reason that they are higher up than normal seats.

And when you are tired-it is easier to just "go forward" than to have to raise up out of a seat.  It is also faster.

Now sitting on OTHER peoples cases is a different story.  I ask permission first.
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Jonathan Johnson

• Southwest Washington (state, not DC)
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2012, 02:49:25 PM »

Just paste a picture of a donkey on the top of the case.

Then you can tell them to get off their/your.... um, well, you get the point.
Stop confusing the issue with facts and logic!

kristianjohnsen

• Lillehammer, Norway
    • Lillehammer Lyd og Lys
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2012, 06:37:01 PM »

What irritates me is people standing right in the middle of the top of a large case, making the whole thing threaten to break.  Stand by one of the sides, how hard is that to get.

Another one of my favourites is people sitting right in the middle of a speaker grille.

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2012, 07:06:00 PM »

What irritates me is people standing right in the middle of the top of a large case, making the whole thing threaten to break.  Stand by one of the sides, how hard is that to get.

Another one of my favourites is people sitting right in the middle of a speaker grille.
Basic physics sees to defy many people.  That and the simple fact that they don't care.
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2012, 07:58:33 PM »

Basic physics sees to defy many people.  That and the simple fact that they don't care.

It's more of the don't care then anything else. If the fat boys sitting on the cases had to pay for the equipment not only would they care, but they would probably weigh 50lbs less.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

Charlie Zureki

• South Eastern Michigan (near Windsor)
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2012, 08:03:18 AM »

It's more of the don't care then anything else. If the fat boys sitting on the cases had to pay for the equipment not only would they care, but they would probably weigh 50lbs less.

During load-in and load-outs...nobody sits. >:(

Hammer
Do it the right way....don't be a Dino!

Sam Zuckerman

• Baltimore, MD
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2012, 11:40:41 PM »

During load-in and load-outs...nobody sits. >:(

Hammer
For sure. Cases are heavy. I don't want to add my fat ass to it while I push it.

If I am working in a place where I know the gear (and owners of said gear) I will go ahead and sit on it. If it's all new to me I will wait until someone above my pay-grade sits... and then I work a few more minutes because I'm the new guy.

Kemper Watson

• Woodstock GA
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2012, 11:05:14 AM »

Nobody sits on my cases..Ever

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2012, 12:11:38 PM »

Nobody sits on my cases..Ever

We purposely buy cases that will protect the contents and survive if they are stacked on, stood on, or otherwise not treated like Grandma's antiques.  They cost more, weigh more and take up more space in the truck or back stage... but we know that folks (including me) will pull up a case rather than go sit in the rodeo dirt.

Now for those folks that I find sitting more than appearing to work, I have taken to calling them "Horton."  As in "Horton Hatches the Egg".  Perhaps they are "Friends of Mayzie."  Nope, not buying it, that case ain't hatching, so get off of it and back to work.

Now to get those damn kids off my lawn...
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2012, 12:11:38 PM »

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 22 queries.