ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Thoughts on the Mixer shoot-out and the VUE presentation...  (Read 38190 times)

paul bell

Re: Thoughts on the Mixer shoot-out and the VUE presentation...
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2012, 10:16:33 AM »

The X32 is perfect for pairing, if you use one for monitors at stageside, it effectively doubles as stage box if you want, and for the price, I doubt if you'll find another 32 channel digital stagebox In other words you get a reasonably priced stagebox with a monitormixer thrown in for free  ;D

If I understand what you're saying, you can directly connect mic inputs to a console on stage via the XLR inputs then link to a FOH console with an Ethernet cable?

If so, this is very VERY cool.

What about returns?

Input gain control would be a question, as Geri stated.

ChristianBoche

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2012, 01:02:29 PM »

If I understand what you're saying, you can directly connect mic inputs to a console on stage via the XLR inputs then link to a FOH console with an Ethernet cable?

If so, this is very VERY cool.

What about returns?

Input gain control would be a question, as Geri stated.

Like Per said, you just need one Cat5 cable from the monitor desk to the FoH desk..that's all. No S-16 needed.
The FoH console can adress outputs on the Monitor X32 desk. Of course you have to offer mixbusses for that. Say you run monitors on mixbus 1-14, you could use mixbus 15-16 for your mains (coming from the Foh X32).

Christian

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2012, 01:23:39 PM »

My advice to anyone

Please go to your profile and change the "Name" field to your real first and last name as required by the posting rules displayed in the header at the top of the section, and in the Site Rules and Suggestions in the Forum Announcements section, and on the registration page when you registered.

Mac

frank kayser

• Maryland suburbs of Washington DC
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2012, 01:45:49 PM »

Well, "none of them suck" turns out to be a decent endorsement.  Of course, my heart is broken that you did not love the Presonus - of course, it's the only digital mixer I've ever worked on, so my bias is showing.  In its defense, I found it very easy to transition from analog to the Presonus due to its non-layered UI.  So much for my $0.02

I am happy to hear that the Behringer exceeded most expectations - it is great to have another workable digital mixer (very workable, it appears) in the lower price range.

Lots of work setting up the test.  Thanks for your detailed observations. 

frank

Dan Mortensen

« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2012, 02:01:33 PM »

Thanks, Geri et al, for helping us understand what is going on with this new generation of mixers. I wish I could have been there with you.

Good point about who should be controlling input gain; why isn't that commonly understood?

And good luck with the storm, hope it alleviates the drought.

Best wishes,
Dan

John Roberts {JR}

• Hickory, Mississippi, USA
    • Resotune
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2012, 02:41:09 PM »

And good luck with the storm, hope it alleviates the drought.

Best wishes,
Dan

Thanks, I wish we could just send all the rain north and west where they actually need it. We don't.

JR
Cancel the "cancel culture". Do not participate in mob hatred.

Michael Gorecki

« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2012, 03:18:19 PM »

I ran a LS9 for a while at an install that we did about 2 years ago and it's a nice console I ended up buying the SL24 about a year ago and love it. It has problems of its own as does everything but the thing I like is it doesn't have the ability to get lost. Everything you need to do is on top of the mixer and can be easily accessed as opposed to layers in the other two consoles mentioned. I had messed around with the X32 for an hour or so the other day at a local music store and found it fairly easy to navigate through but again with all the choices and the ability to actually get lost on the console. IMO that's the reason the SL24 has done so well they keep it simple.
My $0.02

Sean Barry

« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2012, 09:43:08 AM »

I am in the market for a digital desk in this price range but I do not feel comfortable jumping in on a new product that has not gained a rep for roadability, reliability, support, etc. I am thinking I will hold out a few months and see how the x32 works out. Thanks for the work you guys put in. :D

Nick Simon

• Dark Side of the Moon, MS
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2012, 02:15:49 PM »

dadgum it, I had a big long post and typed the letters in wrong and lost it... :-[

anyway here's the shorter version:

I'm a noob...  our Church is getting a new building which includes a new audio, lighting, and video equipment to the tune of about $150k.   My first response when I found out we were getting the Behringer X32 was not a happy one... after reading a lot of articles about it, I'm feeling better about it, and kind of anxious to get on it... The only other digital equipment I have worked on / observed, was on an LS9, which would have been my first choice.  The install should be complete in about 8 weeks,so I should be able to answer questions, or better still, bug the crap out of you guys for answers.  We are also getting the P-16 and the S-16.  We will run 10 ear monitors and powered wedges. The FOH will be dB tech DVA T12 x 4 hung arrays and DVA S30N  x 2 subs per side.  A lot more horsepower than I'm used to.   
I hope you guys welcome me here..

Nick Simon
Real Life Church
Columbus, MS

James A. Griffin

« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2012, 02:19:30 PM »

dadgum it, I had a big long post and typed the letters in wrong and lost it... :-[
  We are also getting the P-16 and the S-16.  We will run 10 ear monitors and powered wedges. The FOH will be dB tech DVA T12 x 4 hung arrays and DVA S30N  x 2 subs per side.  A lot more horsepower than I'm used to.   
I hope you guys welcome me here..

Nick Simon
Real Life Church
Columbus, MS

Nick,

How big is your room?   That sounds like a great system for you.

PS:  The shootout was in Jackson in August.   If we'd have known of your interest, we'd have been glad to have you.

There are a number of us in Jackson with a lot of experience on the X32 and the db Technologies rig.  Feel free to shoot any questions our way.

I need to determine where in this swamp of unbalanced formulas squatteth the Toad of Truth

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2012, 02:19:30 PM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 23 queries.