ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thoughts on the Mixer shoot-out and the VUE presentation...  (Read 38189 times)

Caleb Dueck

• Sierra Vista, AZ
Re: Thoughts on the Mixer shoot-out and the VUE presentation...
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2013, 11:05:10 AM »

So Geri and anyone else who have used both LS9 and X32. If you had to choose between buying an X32 new or a LS9-32 used, which would you choose?  The LS9 is going to be about $2000 more, but pretend that isn't an issue.  Which one do you purchase? 

I currently run two Presonus StudioLive 16.4.2s, at first I was happy with them (my first ever digital boards) but as time goes on I am getting less happy with them.  I have used LS9 multiple times and I like it.

It's true that the Presonus are more "one touch" than the LS9 (out of the box at least).  However, if you use your "user defined keys" on the LS9, it becomes much more one touch (comparable to the Presonus).

Apples to apples - X32 with 32ch of digital snake vs LS9-32 with 32ch of digital snake?  I'm assuming the price wouldn't even be close.  I'd take the X32, although neither option thrills me.  Make sure you have at least a computer running online editor, naming and routing and such from that little screen is awful.   
Experience is something you get right after you need it.

James A. Griffin

« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2013, 10:11:36 PM »

So Geri and anyone else who have used both LS9 and X32. If you had to choose between buying an X32 new or a LS9-32 used, which would you choose?  The LS9 is going to be about $2000 more, but pretend that isn't an issue.  Which one do you purchase? 

I currently run two Presonus StudioLive 16.4.2s, at first I was happy with them (my first ever digital boards) but as time goes on I am getting less happy with them.  I have used LS9 multiple times and I like it.

It's true that the Presonus are more "one touch" than the LS9 (out of the box at least).  However, if you use your "user defined keys" on the LS9, it becomes much more one touch (comparable to the Presonus).

A lot of folks have ditched their LS9's for the X32.    Nat Duncan, who was at the shootout and had owned an LS9 for 6 or so years now uses the X32 as his main mixer.    The LS9 stays in the shop most of the time.
I need to determine where in this swamp of unbalanced formulas squatteth the Toad of Truth

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2013, 10:11:36 PM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 24 queries.