ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Drivers b&c , beyma,....  (Read 4513 times)

Sam Higuera

Drivers b&c , beyma,....
« on: August 22, 2013, 02:02:04 PM »

I need a new driver for a jbl mp 412 cabinet.

I 've seen these speakers but never tryed them. Anyone can suggest anything from these speakers?

http://www.usspeaker.com/B&C-12PLB76-1.htm

http://www.usspeaker.com/beyma%20sm112n-1.htm

Any other suggestion???
Not countting the existing jbl 2023 driver.

Chuck Simon

• Pittsburgh, Pa.
Re: Drivers b&c , beyma,....
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2013, 03:48:10 PM »

When I had the same problem as you with my MP 412, I got the speaker  reconed.  The speaker is designed to be part of a system that includes crossover, horn, and cabinet working together.  Substituting components is a crap shoot.

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2013, 06:53:52 PM »

When I had the same problem as you with my MP 412, I got the speaker  reconed.  The speaker is designed to be part of a system that includes crossover, horn, and cabinet working together.  Substituting components is a crap shoot.
Exactly.  Since the parameters/response/impedance of different drivers are different-the crososver freq-freq response, level etc will be different.

Unless you know what you are doing-simply swapping out for a "better" driver is not a good idea.  In fact the final result could be worse-------------------------------
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Sam Higuera

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2013, 07:22:00 PM »

Exactly.  Since the parameters/response/impedance of different drivers are different-the crososver freq-freq response, level etc will be different.

Unless you know what you are doing-simply swapping out for a "better" driver is not a good idea.  In fact the final result could be worse-------------------------------

Hummm.... Well you are right, but the thing is that i have a few more of those jbl cabs, and now i have to fix 2 of them so i didn't want to spend that much money on recone or new driver, these other drivers are half less expensive than the original ones....

Gary Weller

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2013, 07:36:59 PM »

Hummm.... Well you are right, but the thing is that i have a few more of those jbl cabs, and now i have to fix 2 of them so i didn't want to spend that much money on recone or new driver, these other drivers are half less expensive than the original ones....

You can probably get them (JBL's) reconed for about the same price as those other ones new.

$145 +shipping here.   http://www.speakerrepair.com/page/RECNEPRC.html
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 07:39:31 PM by Gary Weller »

Sam Higuera

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2013, 08:08:03 PM »

You can probably get them (JBL's) reconed for about the same price as those other ones new.

$145 +shipping here.   http://www.speakerrepair.com/page/RECNEPRC.html

Ufff i wish... In spain , recone kit ( 120€=150$) plus fixing and shipping (80€=100$).

I can get 2 beyma for less than fixing only one...

I prefer to buy new cabinets than fixing those ones, cause it's goint to be the same money more or less....

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2013, 08:45:49 PM »

So lets see-you have a couple of broken cabinets (assuming blown driver)s and then also assuming the crossovers are still working fine-you HAVE checked that already-Correct??????

So you want to replace them with drivers that cost 1/2 and somehow expect them to work better????????

Maybe I am missing something. Yes there are import duties and such-and that can account for some money difference-but does nothing to change the performance.

A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

James A. Griffin

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2013, 09:57:48 PM »

Not to mention that if a house is running multiple units of the same box, you'll want to know that when you deploy the MP412 cabinets in a system, they will respond in a known fashion.   Sure, you could mark some of the cabinets as MP412X, but isn't it easier to have some uniformity across all boxes in a given line?
I need to determine where in this swamp of unbalanced formulas squatteth the Toad of Truth

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2013, 09:57:48 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 23 queries.