ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: M7CL/LS9 Personal Monitor Mixing Control  (Read 3036 times)

Sam Kokajko

M7CL/LS9 Personal Monitor Mixing Control
« on: November 29, 2012, 05:07:03 PM »

I was spurred to write this from a recent thread started over in the LAB requesting something similar.

I have been toying with an idea to build an OSC/MIDI based control for the M7/LS9 that would allow musicians to control their own monitor mix but nothing else. It would work on all iOS devices and possible android as well. For that matter I guess it could be setup to work with something like the BCF2000 or BCR2000 for hardware controls.

The feature set is fairly flexible and the best part is that there really isn't much of a limit to the number of controllers available unlike StageMix currently.

So what I'm wondering now is who finds this interesting and how many people would want something like this? I've done some very similar things and know that it's possible, just takes some time to hard code the actual controllers and get it all programmed right.

So, who's interested? And also what features do you want?

Jason Lucas

• Hillsboro, OR, USA
Re: M7CL/LS9 Personal Monitor Mixing Control
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2012, 08:26:15 PM »

Me and a friend have been trying to do this for a while for our Roland M-400 mixer but with everything being proprietary we haven't really gotten anywhere.

Really wish companies like Roland would take a lesson from Presonus. They seem to have IEM mixing really figured out.
There are three things I hate: Harsh highs, hollow mids, and woofy bass.

Aaron_McQueen

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2012, 07:50:11 PM »

I was spurred to write this from a recent thread started over in the LAB requesting something similar.

I have been toying with an idea to build an OSC/MIDI based control for the M7/LS9 that would allow musicians to control their own monitor mix but nothing else. It would work on all iOS devices and possible android as well. For that matter I guess it could be setup to work with something like the BCF2000 or BCR2000 for hardware controls.

The feature set is fairly flexible and the best part is that there really isn't much of a limit to the number of controllers available unlike StageMix currently.

So what I'm wondering now is who finds this interesting and how many people would want something like this? I've done some very similar things and know that it's possible, just takes some time to hard code the actual controllers and get it all programmed right.

So, who's interested? And also what features do you want?

Why not just get the Aviom card and some Aviom mixers and call it a day?  I would be very concerned with giving control to the band.  Even if there was a good way to restrict what they could access, which there isn't, there is just too much that could go wrong.  With Aviom the patched channel signals are sent direct out to the system so there is  no control signals being sent back to the mixer.  I don't want any control signals coming back to my board from devices I'm not in front of.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2012, 07:50:11 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 23 queries.