ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help someone less experienced than all of you  (Read 2474 times)

Dylan August

Help someone less experienced than all of you
« on: July 25, 2012, 05:53:07 AM »

Hello everyone...after looking into many forums, it seemed to me that the people here were going to know the most about live sound.i hope you will be willing to try to answer my question...I recently purchased a dbx drive rack pa+ (still waiting for it to be delivered) and I want to know if I can use that piece of equipment with a powered mixer (I have behringer pmp6000). I know the dbx is supposed to go between mixer and power amps but in the powered mixer everything is together, so I didn't know if there was still a way to use this with my system. Thanks in advance!

Jonathan Goodall

• New Zealand
Re: Help someone less experienced than all of you
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2012, 05:57:33 AM »

Hello everyone...after looking into many forums, it seemed to me that the people here were going to know the most about live sound.i hope you will be willing to try to answer my question...I recently purchased a dbx drive rack pa+ (still waiting for it to be delivered) and I want to know if I can use that piece of equipment with a powered mixer (I have behringer pmp6000). I know the dbx is supposed to go between mixer and power amps but in the powered mixer everything is together, so I didn't know if there was still a way to use this with my system. Thanks in advance!

What are you hoping to achieve with the dbx?   :)

John Penkala

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2012, 06:06:37 AM »

Dylan,
          You can use it on the "power amp insert" jacks as a main eq/limiter. You will need a pair of insert cables.

JP

Jonathan Goodall

• New Zealand
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2012, 06:09:26 AM »

Dylan August

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2012, 10:35:35 AM »

Thanks for the quick replies!Jonathan, I wanted to get a decent eq and crossover since I am introducing one powered sub into my system.a friend of mine who runs sound for a lot of local bands and is in a band himself suggested that I get the dbx pa + because it had both of those and more.he uses it and said he loves it.I knew I would have to use insert cables somewhere, I just wasn't sure exactly where. I run 2 jbl 15's and 2 pv 12 monitors off of my board using the main/mono setting...I just bought a seismic audio powered sub.do I need to change the way I am setup with the introduction if the sub and dbx or can I just use dbx from power amp insert and connect the sub?I obviously need to read a bit more about sending just my highs and mids to the JBL's and the lows to my sub, but any help is appreciated.thanks again guys!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2012, 10:35:35 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 25 queries.