ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 27   Go Down

Author Topic: Oh no! The new rider friendly console!  (Read 138303 times)

kristianjohnsen

• Lillehammer, Norway
    • Lillehammer Lyd og Lys
Re: Oh no! The new rider friendly console!
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2012, 07:01:29 AM »

I thought smileys were only to be used when you're kidding?   Buy I dont know, this whole inter web is a mystery to me.

:-)

:-)  =  My text was with the best intentions.
;-)  =  My text was ironic or a joke.

With young people it gets interesting, because it seems that the newest trend is that ;-) is intended to be an "enhanced :-)".  Confusing indeed.

Ed Spoto

« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2012, 09:57:12 AM »

http://www.behringer.com/en/Products/X32.aspx
Doesn't look that bad though........... :-\
We had a demo in our shop last month...the feature set is solid; however, the audio quality is poor.  We judged it with a 58 into an input with no eq or processing in or out. The main outputs were patched directly to a Meyer UPJ.  The reality is: you get what you pay for.  For the price it will sell, but it should never find its way into "pro" use.

Othmane Alaoui

• Produkson - Sound & Lights
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2012, 12:15:48 PM »

We had a demo in our shop last month...the feature set is solid; however, the audio quality is poor.  We judged it with a 58 into an input with no eq or processing in or out. The main outputs were patched directly to a Meyer UPJ.  The reality is: you get what you pay for.  For the price it will sell, but it should never find its way into "pro" use.

Hello

Can you please be more specific ? Can you please compare to something else ?  And please let us know what does sound good also !

Thanks,

Ot

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2012, 01:23:07 PM »

The posted link is open, you can check it out yourself!

The link to the free million dollars is open. Check it out yourself!

What link.  ::)
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

Greg_Cameron

• Cameron Pro Audio
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2012, 01:42:13 PM »

We had a demo in our shop last month...the feature set is solid; however, the audio quality is poor.  We judged it with a 58 into an input with no eq or processing in or out.

What exactly was poor about the audio quality? Distortion? Coloration? What did you compare against? Was there blind ABX testing? between 2 or more mixers? There have been several of these in the hands of experienced users and so far audio quality has not been a complaint.
"Procrastinators of the world - contemplate uniting!"

Cameron Pro Audio

Mike Diack

• Auckland, New Zealand.
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2012, 05:11:12 PM »

Figures PLEASE.
It's the easiest thing in the world to connect a piece of audio kit up to a decent signal generator and distortion analyser (or integrated testset
like a Soundtech, Amber or Neutrik), set it up for "typical" operation, and run the numbers. I realise Behringer is the brand everyone loves
to hate, but until I see the independantly measured figures, it is all just blind prejudice. FWIW (not much) I don't particularly like the "sound" of the LS9.
Anyone out there got the tech resources to do a shootout between, say,  Vi6, LS9, SL24.4.2 and the dreaded X32.
M

TJ (Tom) Cornish

• St. Paul, MN
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2012, 05:32:28 PM »

The link to the free million dollars is open. Check it out yourself!

What link.  ::)
Page 1 of this thread, Tim Mc's post.

http://soundforums.net/junior-varsity/4393-x32-discussion.html

James A. Griffin

« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2012, 05:33:55 PM »

Figures PLEASE.
It's the easiest thing in the world to connect a piece of audio kit up to a decent signal generator and distortion analyser (or integrated testset
like a Soundtech, Amber or Neutrik), set it up for "typical" operation, and run the  numbers.

Are you saying the mixer with lowest distortion sounds the best?

Behringer  Xenyx 802 publishes .005% distortion.    Midas H3000 publishes .03%.    Which "sounds" better?

« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 05:46:11 PM by James A. Griffin »
I need to determine where in this swamp of unbalanced formulas squatteth the Toad of Truth

Mike Diack

• Auckland, New Zealand.
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2012, 05:49:29 PM »

Are you saying the mixer with lowest distortion sounds the best?
No, but it is a significant and measurable factor (along with gain structure, EQ design and a pile of other stuff)
M

Ed Spoto

« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2012, 08:33:57 PM »

Hello

Can you please be more specific ? Can you please compare to something else ?  And please let us know what does sound good also !

Thanks,

Ot
In my opinion as well as the other engineers in my shop the console sounded bad. We compared it to an LS9, mix wizard, Venice, Behringer 802, m7cl, avid profile and a PM5D.   All the other consoles sounded like us only louder...the x32 sounded thin and grainy.  Frankly, the behringer rep was a tad embarrassed.  Again, this is only our opinion.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2012, 08:33:57 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 27   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 23 queries.