ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: EV Tour X vs JBL MRX or SRX  (Read 4296 times)

Garry Wilson

• Laurel, MD
    • 98.6 Sound
EV Tour X vs JBL MRX or SRX
« on: January 16, 2013, 11:28:34 AM »

Has anyone used the monitors (12 or 15), just wondering where they land when compared to the MRX and SRX. I have both JBL models. Thinking about buying some of the wedge versions and wanted to know how folks liked them.

Garry W.
Garry W.
CTS, SBE-CEV, A+
www.986sound.com

Alex Thompson

• Central Ohio Sound
Re: EV Tour X vs JBL MRX or SRX
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2013, 02:59:09 PM »

Has anyone used the monitors (12 or 15), just wondering where they land when compared to the MRX and SRX. I have both JBL models. Thinking about buying some of the wedge versions and wanted to know how folks liked them.

Garry W.

I've owned 4 of them (TX1152FM) for a couple years.  I always get compliments on the monitors.  Some have said the best monitors they've heard.  The grills are a bit too thin and can be dented easily also the logos fell off each one leaving a screw rattling around inside.  Had to disassemble them and replace with locktite.
To me they are a little more awkward to handle than other shaped monitors but not too heavy.  Its not likely you'll get a better monitor at that price.
Alex Thompson
Joy Audio Visual, LLC
d.b.a. Central Ohio Sound
www.centralohiosound.com

Brian Wilkinson

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2013, 04:00:35 PM »

I have used them for about a year now, the 15's and I always get complimented on them. I drive them with EV CP3000s amps. They are kind of big for small bar stages though.

Al Rubio, Jr

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2013, 06:33:36 PM »

We've been using a pair of TX1122's to run a single mix to small bar/club stages for awhile now, and have gotten lots of compliments on both the clarity and the volume.

Jack keaton

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2013, 07:55:18 PM »

Garry W.

not srx but maybe a bit above mrx

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2013, 07:55:18 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 23 queries.